1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Kolar TS ribs

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Bridger, Sep 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bridger

Bridger Member

Has anyone replaced the standard rib for the Kolar TS with a higher rib? I have mine cranked as far as it will go and still only about 70/30. I tend to bury my head on the comb so that's part of the problem. If anyone has gone to the higher shooting rib, please let me know how its working for you and what Kolar charged. thanks

2. bigben1

bigben1 TS Member

Bridger,
    Had Kolar change mine this summer to mid-height rib, send me mail & I'll explain.
    BigBen1

3. Fyrman

Fyrman TS Member

There are standard, high and now x-high ribs plus at least two different hangers (A & B) ... If you go with the X-high, you will need high posts for your comb... Did mine myself... Fyrman

4. swamp rat

swamp rat TS Member

I have a mid high for sale if you are interested. Price is $80.00 shipped. Send me a PM for details

5. Johnpic

Johnpic Member

Ordered and installed the extra high rib and "B" hanger myslef.$125 for the rib,$75 for the hanger and $50 for the post extensions. I think with the rib adjusted to shoot its flattest, it would shoot about 70/30 . I think I'm shooting about 80/20 or 90/10. You should be able to adjust to 100%. Installing the post extensions and the high rib really helps keep my head up. Because of my long neck I have always had a problem with burying my head. I see the target much better now. It has really helped me. Remember the rib is for people who want a high shooting gun......John

6. Johnpic

Johnpic Member

New post extensions are $25 not the $50 I said in my last thread.

John

7. Bridger

Bridger Member

I'm going to buy Swamp Rat's mid rib to see how it works for me. I have an "A" hanger on my standard rib. Will that work or will I need to buy a different hangar?

8. Johnpic

Johnpic Member

The "A" hanger is the one used on the mid rib. Make sure you don't already have the mid rib on your gun. I believe that was the standard rib that came on the T/S. I think it measures 3/4" high at the frount edge of the rib. You may want to call Kolar and ask them.

John

9. Johnpic

Johnpic Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

ts kolar extra high rib for sale