1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Kolar TS Firing Pin ???

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 3357, Jun 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3357

3357 Member

I have a Kolar TS that needs a new firing pin, the tip is mis-shaped and pierces an occasional primer. Can I replace this myself or will I need to send it back to Kolar.

2. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

Call Kolar and ask for Keith Sprangers. He can walk you through it and also email you a diagram of the procedure. Not really that hard to do. I have a standard trap combo and have had the pins out of mine several times over the last 5 years when doing a good thorough cleaning.

Good luck.

3. Palos shooter

Palos shooter Active Member

Easy job..Take the stock off and you will see the 3/32 cross pin that holds the fireing pin in place..You can push it out with a small punch or sometimes a strong paper clip,,Hold the fireing pin when you push the pin out.See where the cutout is in the fireing pin so you know which way when you are installing a new one,,Clean the pin hole and be sure to order a new fireing pin spring.
    These rust very easily ..The stock is what holds the 3/32 pin in place,
    You also need to remove the trigger assembly.

4. 3357

3357 Member

Thank youboth for the info, Jess

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

firing pin for kolar ts