1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Kolar Triggers

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by kgun_shooter, Jul 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kgun_shooter

kgun_shooter Member

Give your opinion on Kolar triggers compared to other high end guns. It's been a long time since I shot the Kolar and was just wondering if the triggers have gotten any better.

2. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

Mine goes bang every time I pull the trigger and I have posted many 25 with them.
    What else do you need to know?

3. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

There was a problem many years ago with fan-firing. That has long been resolved.

4. LDAdd

LDAdd TS Member

Mine (double release) are consistently the same top to bottom, can't be pulled through, the selector works great and just haven't had any problems. The springs don't break either...

JMO

Larry

5. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

No problem with mine, which are about 2 years old. Bill Malcolm

6. eric

eric TS Supporters TS Supporters

Kolar triggers have been redesigned and improved. Call Kolar - they will be happy to tell you all about it.

7. vdt

vdt Active Member

a fellow at our club ,Hamilton waited 5 months for his gun ,the triggers double release you beyond words ,not worth a sh-t ,had to send them back for repair ,can not believe a so called top line gun could be shipped that way to a customer ,the difference in the hammer springs between the top and bottom were like day and night ,but after they repaired it and changed the hooks the fellow says it is much better,we will see ,not very impressed it was delivered that way

8. Kolar Dan

Kolar Dan Member

vdt,
    what was the ser # of that gun
    Sonny

9. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

I am on my third Kolar and have had no trigger problems. They are good guns backed by good folks. Jake

10. ramen39

ramen39 Member

On occasion my sporting Kolar will fan fire. Especially if I switch barrels. It did it A few weeks ago and I hadn't switched barrels.
    The new max TA's are advertised as having improved triggers. Will they interchange with the older Kolars?
    Roy Anderson

11. msmith

msmith Member

Not a problem in 5 years. Not even a tune up. Kolar # 229X . My Perazzi was good for a spring about every 8 months. Mike

12. Donm

Donm Active Member

I only have a hundred thousand or so through my combo. Had the springs replaced 3 times. One time I had a problem. After I got the water out and dried and reoiled it it was fine. That was after a shoot-off at the Grand in the hardest down pour I have ever seen. My trigger has been flawless.
    VDT maybe your friend operates his gun like you type. That could be a problem.

13. Grayson Mayne

Grayson Mayne Member

Just curious. What is a fan fire?

14. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

Fan fire is a situation that is apparently more common with sporting. I suspect shooting gun down has some effect. Apparently, the shooter doesn't have the gun locked tight in the shoulder and it bounces when fired and then the second barrel is fired. I saw the new trigger and the modification can be done to any existing Kolar trigger. Any new trigger has the modification. Bill Malcolm

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

kolar shotgun double fire

kolar stage 2 trigger

kolar trigger problems

kolar triggers