1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Kolar TA max Comments

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by RAScott, Aug 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RAScott

RAScott Member

I ordered a new kolar TA max and i am awaiting the gun any comments on the new kolar. I have spoken with some people at the grand and everyone seams to think that it is a great gun. I have been shooting a berreta 682 and 687 they seam a little light.

2. Tatanka Donk

Tatanka Donk Active Member

I have a LOVE-HATE relationship with mine. I love it and it hates me. I think that everyone thinks that the first thing you want to do is to get your head as erect as possible. I find that not to be true. I really do like the gun and as with all normal shooters, it takes some getting used to. I finally broke my first 100 straight at the Grand and have raised my doubles average from high 70's to low 90's since I purchased it in Feb. You'll find the sweet spot and never look back. Don Kerce

3. RAScott

RAScott Member

Thanks don i have been shooting around 4 years and i have always been crowning down on the stock i picked up this gun and it was right there. i should have it in a couple of days and i cant wait to start. i test fired the one there at the grand and was goint to get mesured up and fitted then i found one 1 month old. the sight pic was the same. I believe it is a quality gun and well worth the money from all that i have asked thanks.
    Bob

4. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

I shot my 687EELL unsingle combo for a number of years. I bought a used Kolar combo a year and a half ago and really enjoyed shooting it. My Kolar was stolen along with my truck in early June. My insurance company replaced my old Kolar with a new TA Max combo.

I've only had it for a few weeks and due to life circumstances have not been able to shoot it very much as yet. There is a definite learning curve and I recommend that you spend some time at the patterning board and adjust the gun to shoot where you want it to or at least confirm that it does. I've always been inconsistent with my gun mount and have been known to cant the barrel from time to time. This new Kolar is forcing me to be more consistent and to make sure my gun is perpendicular.

I am anticipating a long and happy union with my new Kolar. Bill Malcolm

5. RAScott

RAScott Member

I was shooting a 682 with a made up combo. shot it real well then decided to make the ribs match in height (keensite) ribs,.... nice ribs, but then i had to raise the comb and i couldnt get it back again. bought a 687. just starting to shoot it well, and went to the grand , fell in love with the fit and the rest may be history. we will see. waiting, waiting, brought home the case and barrels.
    Bob Scott

6. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

Cactus Bob, when is that Soda gun gonna arrive???

7. RAScott

RAScott Member

I dont know? i feel like im waiting for christmas, and im getting a new toy.

8. RAScott

RAScott Member

Thanks sarge got the gun today and shot it it was very nice heads up shooting, fit and finish is great and i am ready to tweek it in. can't wait till next season starts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.