1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

kolar t/s

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by leadshot, Oct 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leadshot

leadshot Member

thinking about a KOLAR T/S (trap) would like any input from t/s shooters about this trap single...

2. Palos shooter

Palos shooter Active Member

One of the best single barrel trap guns made .. also backed by great service from Kolar.
    This. Gun will last forever.
    Built like a tank ..a little pricy .but will last a lifetime.

3. hpesoj54

hpesoj54 TS Member

Got mine in 2007. I like it a lot. Built like the proverbial tank.

Joseph

4. Riverrunt

Riverrunt Member

Leadshot,

You have a pm.

John Harden

5. RLC323

RLC323 Member

The trigger is very good. Built like a tank goes with heavy, but the weight minimizes recoil. The variety of stock fit options and ribs make it possible to fit a hard to fit shooter.

The service is hard to beat. I took mine to them at the Grand with a minor issue and it was fixed on the spot in a few minutes at a nominal price for the part. Jeff Mainland and his group deliver fantastic customer service.

The price difference between new and used make the used TS a real bargain.

6. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

They thye TS are a heavier trapgun and weight is the secret to softer shooting.

But I prefer the .740 Bbl over the .750 models you may ask me why, because I feel the .740 bore is the best bore for 12ga performance.

The Kolar TSs all have extended forcing cones and choke tubes that perform in whatI call a balanced system.

All Kolar guns have extended factory long forcing cones, that is magic in a trap barrell.

Only a few Manufacturers offer this technology now but others are catching on.

The ones that I know that have the long forcing cones are, Seitz, Kolar, Caesar Guerini, Blaser, Newer Ljutics, and Al Ljutic said he felt the .740 bore was the best performing Bbl Diameter for 12 gauge guns.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.