1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

Kolar T/S

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Johnpic, Apr 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Johnpic

Johnpic Member

Kolar T/S owners. How do you like your gun? I have noticed a fair amount of them
    that have come up for sale at different dealers.
    What is the advantage of the .750 bore over the .740?

Thank you,
    John
  2. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Active Member

A friend of mine just ordered one and had a custom stock made for it. Apparently the barrel of choice for the T/S is the .740 bore. Apparently they balance better with the heavier barrel. Bill Malcolm
  3. Johnpic

Johnpic Member

4. wbill

wbill Member

I had a .750 bore on my last Kolar and it shot well but I would get several blooper sounding shots during a shoot. When back to a .740 bore and that stopped. Bill
  5. Palos shooter

Palos shooter Member

I have a Kolar with 740 bore and I love the gun..I have the gun with a black receiver and it makes the wood stand out..I don't think you could ever wear out the gun.Every thing is adjustable so you can make it shoot anywhere you would like.It is a soft shooter and Kolar service is great..But I don't think you will need any service for a lot of years..Sometimes people ask me what model Ljutic I have...
    palosshooter_2008_170445.jpg

Also Kolar has a different front hanger..One is a "A " hanger and the other one is a "B hanger..They shoot to a different point of impact..Mind as well get both when you get the gun..Sooner or later you will wonder what one you should use..That what shooters do..Always wonder what will get the extra target..
  6. alwaysmissbehaven

alwaysmissbehaven Member

John,

I have a T/S that I purchased early this spring and have about 1500 rounds on it so far.
    Tried both the .740" & .750" bore at the factory in Racine and went with the .750" bore .
    The balance .750" feels better and is much more lively to swing, the other benefit is the reduced recoil.
    Kolar has done a great job with this gun and the .750" is the way to go in my opinion.
    I have had absolutely no issues with the gun and you won't be disappointed if you get one.

Regards...
  7. kolar1000

kolar1000 TS Member

I have had mine over two years now, .740" bore. By far the best trap gun I have ever owned. Had it custom fitted at the Grand, it has no recoil at all but it is a heavy gun. Shoot one before you buy, they are to heavy for some shooters.
  8. butcher

butcher Member

What's the differences of the A hanger and the B hanger?
  9. Johnpic

Johnpic Member

Thank you to everyone for their replies.

John
  10. Beretta687EELL

I sent Keith @ Kolar a message regarding the hangers. Here is what he wrote back ...

"as for t/s p.o.i., theres 2 standard ribs & 1 extra high rib, all three ribs can be used with the "a" or "b" hanger to achieve a better range of p.o.i adjustment."

Hope that helps, Bill Malcolm
  11. wlc

wlc Member

Does anyone know what the two standard ribs are?
  12. GrandpasArms

GrandpasArms Member

Just checked. It will take under two hours to drive from my house to the Kolar factory in Racine. Wife already agreed to a road trip this summer. She knows what the Kolar's cost and why I want to "visit" the factory. Now, that's something to look forward to.

I may have to sell something to "ink a deal", but I think that's doable.
  13. headhunter

headhunter Member

Good Luck with the "visit." Make sure don't bring too much luggage with you. Or I should say, leave a little room in the trunk, just in case...
  14. Beretta687EELL

A visit to Racine is worth every penny. I've been three times and each visit is a great experience. Kolar is a great company and the people that work there are wonderful. You need to make an appointment.

I had a new custom stock made and traded my unsingle in for a top single. I flew over for the fitting and then drove over with my Brother and two friends to pick up the finished product. One of my friends was looking at buying a KX-6, but ended up going back for a stock fitting and bought the T/S. Bill Malcolm
  15. yakimaman

yakimaman Active Member

How do you arrange delivery if you are from out of state? Even if you go over, don't they have to ship through FFL?
  16. Beretta687EELL

You buy the gun through one of their dealers and make arrangements to go to the factory. Jeff Mainland (he is also the president of Kolar) does the stocks and has always done the tour when I have been there. When you see the work, equipment and attention to detail that goes into making a top of the line competition shotgun, you can appreciate the cost.

They don't have an inventory of guns available for sale. Each one is pretty much made to order. Dealers have inventory. Delivery is usually about 8 to 12 weeks, unless you want the receiver engraved, which takes a lot longer.

Jeff has told me that his goal is to do the best he can to make Kolar owners happy and successful with their Kolar guns. Obviously you can't make everyone happy all of the time, but I've never had the pleasure of doing business with a company that tried so hard to accomplish that goal. Bill Malcolm
  17. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Active Member

Several months ago, I traded my .750 bore Kolar for a MX-2000.
    The Kolar is a great gun and their service is first rate but the
    SB was just to heavy and was slow to the target. The MX 2000 is
    a much more fluid gun. If you don't mind the weight, their a
    terrific gun.
  18. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned

I agree that the TS is a heavy gun, owned 2 of them preferred the .740 bore
    better ballistics, better performance.

I do not remember which hangar shoots higher, the A or the B

But none of the Kolars would shoot high enough for me, tried all 3 ribs.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot
  19. Palos shooter

Palos shooter Member

The 'A' hanger is the higher shooting hanger.Most TS came with a 'B' hanger.