1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Kolar T/S Pros and Cons?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by wbill, Jul 5, 2013.

1. wbill

wbill Member

I am thinking about buying a Kolar T/S and would like to get some feed back to the pros and cons of this gun. Thanks, Bill

2. skidrowe7

skidrowe7 Member

While I have no pros and cons to address here, I've tried them most of the popular ones including a K-80 and BT-99 and Ljutic in my vault which I don't shoot anymore since I got my T/S about 3 years ago. It's become my favorite as I shoot my best scores with it, singles and handicap. It has a twisted sister stock which I just "mold" into when I mount it. Bottom line - I think I found the gun that fits me and that's the secret. If I was to go back and do it all over, it isn't the gun but the stock. Like a shoe, if it doesn't fit you won't shoot well. Fortunately, the used Kolar I purchased did. While I've never had to deal directly with Kolar, I understand their service is beyond reproach. If you buy one new, spend the extra money to have a custom stock made. If it's a for sale gun, shoot it first before making a decision.

3. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

A friend of mine has one and is shooting his best scores after 40 years of trap shooting. He went with me when I picked up my Kolar when I had my new stock made. He got a tour of the factory and met the Kolar folks. He made an appointment for the stock fitting and went back down a few weeks later and had his custom stock made. He hadn't even bought the gun yet. He has been shooting it a lot over the last year and a half, since he bought it.

The Kolar T/S is an extremely well designed and well built gun.

The key, as skidrowe7 indicated, is the stock fit. Bill Malcolm