1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Kolar T/S and chokes

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Straight99, Oct 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Straight99

Straight99 Member

I have a Kolar T/S and have tried 4 different chokes M, IM, LF, and F.They all shoot the same pattern. I have tried on both the patterning board and from the 16 yard line and get the same pattern. Back at the 27 the M and IM are a little light but if I am on they work. What choke do you use and what do you recomend? Thank You

2. chipking

chipking TS Member

straight99 Did you buy this new or was it a used gun. I have seen similar issues with overbored guns and "normal" choke tubes. I'm not sure if Kolar .740 bore chokes even fit a Kolar .750 bore barrel but if they did that could cause the same thing. A .020 constriction (MOD) would become a .030 constriction (LFULL)

--- Chip King ---

3. Bridger

Bridger Member

I have only used the M and IM chokes. Never saw the need to go any tighter. Smoke from the 16 with the M and I have used it as far back as the 25 but as you say the hits are on the light side. Have only patterned the IM choke and probably should just leave that one in for everything and forget about it. I have a .740 bore barrel and doubt the .750 chokes would even fit.

4. Straight99

Straight99 Member

I bought the gun right from Kolar and the chokes check out for the right size. I have the .740 bore. Sounds like my gun just shoots tight like yours. Thank you

5. Twixter

Twixter Member

Talked to Jeff today at Kolar: The 740 barrels and the 750 chokes are not the same and should not be interchanged. Same goes for the 750 barrels and 740 chokes. Hope this clears up some of the confusion. Mick

6. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

they can't be interchanged, one won't even screw into the other.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.