1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Kolar step-taper rib barrels POI?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by skeet_man, Jun 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Anyone know off the top of their head what the POI is set at on kolars over/under step taper rib barrels? I am thinking about rearranging my skeet gun, and want to build on a set of step taper rib barrels, but have been told you can only get a set of barrels with that rib that shoot 50/50 on the top barrel if you special order them that way (bottom barrel is adjustable so setting the poi on that isn't a big deal, but theres not much you can do w/ a top bbl that shoots too high).

2. kolarkim

kolarkim Member

my o/u is step but not tapered and with my stock bottomed out it shoots lower than 50/50 with about a 5/8" raise on my comb it shoots 80 20 maybe. you will also find that you change the point of impact on the top barrel when you change both the front and middle hangers between the barrels.it actually bends the top barrel some.(been there know for a fact it does). I lower mine to about a 1/4" to shoot sporting clays and the top is about right but I have my bottom set way high for doubles and it is a little high for sporting clays. I am sure I can make mine shoot under 50/50 on both barrels with the stock bottomed out. let me know if you would like to know more KK
    ps Keith at kolar told me that they machine their ribs after they are installed on the barrel so you could have the taper done to a straight rib probably at any time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

kolar rib marks for poi

kolar step ribs