1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Kolar Sporting ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by WNCRob, Dec 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WNCRob

WNCRob Member

I shoot a Kolar Trap Gun, and am very happy with it. I wonder why there aren't many of the Kolar Sporting guns around? They look great, but are priced within spitting distance of the K-80, but nice used ones aren't so terribly expensive...if you can find one. Would appreciate feedback from anyone (except Joe S.) with actual Kolar sporting gun experience. If you have negative comments, please drop me a private message.

Many thanks.

WNCRob

2. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Rob,

A couple of things that kept the early Kolar sporting models back was the weight and the triggers.

Quite a few of the shooters felt that the .740 barrels were a bit too heavy and slowed their swing down too much. With the addition of the .750 barrels, this seems not to be an issue any longer.

The triggers were a bit subjective. Quite a few shooters seemed to have issues with the Kolar's doubling. It was more of a shooters style than any real problems with the gun, but it happened to more than 1 shooter.

Kolar's seem to be more accepted now. Kolar addressed the trigger issue and the weight has improved. I see more and more of them at the sporting clays courses, and even got to shoot one of the new adjustable ribbed sporters. I found it to be very easy to handle and shooting it was a dream, but a little too pricey for me.

ss

3. shotgunner

shotgunner Member

Hey Rob,

Be sure to get a ramped rib and .750 bore.

Joe S

4. autogun

autogun Member

I have a Kolar Sporting with 740 and 750 barrels. My experience is that they are great guns. Don't notice much difference in the barrel weights but I do seem to favor 32's over the 30's. Never had any problems. Tough to beat the support. I've had a couple of annuals and the people are real nice. I've shot Krieghoffs belonging to friends. The Kolar is at least an equal and I'd rather buy American. The dynamics are very similar in my opinion. Hope this helps.

5. ramen39

ramen39 Member

I've been shooting one for about 3 years. I really like it.

6. WNCRob

WNCRob Member

Good comments. Thanks everyone, even Joe!

WNCRob

7. andybull

andybull Active Member

Shotgunner:

Why would you want a ramped rib if the gun is going to be used for Sporting Clays?

8. shotgunner

shotgunner Member

Andybull,

For me the target is less likely to be be hidden by the barrel on targets that are going away from me...I have guns with both but prefer the ramp. Jeff Mainland with Kolar says most of his orders are for ramped ribs on sporting guns.

Joe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

kolar sport or trap