1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

kolar sporting double fired twice yesterday!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by skeetiee, Apr 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skeetiee

skeetiee Member

i would really like to have a kolar sporting shotgun. they feel better to me than any other shotgun made. however yesterday i shot a friend of mine kolar and i was really smashing targets with it, then i called for a double and it double fired. called for a nother pair and the same thing. are kolars know for this problem? i have heard that there were some issues? i have shot several and never have had that problem. anyone got a kolar sporting to part with? thanks lee

2. Kolar Dan

Kolar Dan Member

May have something to with the way you operated the barrel selector and safety. Call Kolar and they can tell you.
    Sonny

3. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

Mine does the same thing, it is the operator however, not a gun malfunction. Jake

4. skeetiee

skeetiee Member

please explain how i could be at fault for causing it to double fire? thanks lee

5. nobull

nobull TS Member

fan fire maybe

6. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Fan-firing can be a common occurance with mechanical triggers. Fan-firing is pulling the trigger twice. It tends to affect those that are trigger "squeezers".

It's generally corrected by adding some weight to the "inertia block safety" feature that mechanical triggers have. This will slow down the block, to prevent it from coming forward so fast.

Doug

7. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

When changing the firing order with the selector on a Kolar, open the action first. On Perazzis, put the safety on prior to changing barrels. This is very important. I once had a Perazzi that would "double" even if dry fired if you did not put the safety on first.

8. Kolar Dan

Kolar Dan Member

trap2day-what is the ser# of the Kolar you own. Someone with all your knowledge has to own one.
    Sonny

9. nomderf

nomderf TS Member

Too much lube!

Check the trigger assembly! Mine did the same thing at the NC State Shoot in 2006. Another Kolar owner cleaned the triggers - mine hasn't done it again in 10 months of shooting.

38-01615

You experts pile on:)

10. Tax Man

Tax Man TS Member

Hey,

If you think you have a problem, call Kolar. I have 2 Kolar sporting guns and both function flawlessly. They are serviced by Kolar and well maintained.

Paul

11. cowsranchers

cowsranchers TS Member

Forget the Kolar - buy a Perazzi . You will be money and time ahead .

12. Kolar Dan

Kolar Dan Member

cowsrancher-why would you want a gun with unhardened metal in the receiver?
    If you are going to bad mouth a product- have the guts to use your name.
    Sonny

13. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

O.K. i witnessed this happen yesterday and i am certain two or three years ago Kolar's were known to have trigger problems.Can someone explain the fix for the doubleing issue?I don't want to hear the excuse about holding it too loose or squezzing the trigger wrong as nobody can pull a trigger as fast as it was shooting both barrels.It was hard to tell it from one shot.(unless you were holding it).I am not bashing Kolar's i just want to know the facts about corecting the trigger.

14. Kolar Dan

Kolar Dan Member

Like tax man said. If you are having a problem- call Kolar. Not trying to a smart a__ , but they will glad to help.
    Sonny

15. Dragonbob

Dragonbob TS Member

I shoot w/ 2 guys w/ kolars, and I have one also (isn't this a great coutry). Mine has only doubled when I switched the barrel selecter after closing a loaded gun, but one my friends' gun would occasionly double at random. In the club house, we pulled all three trigger assemblies and compared them. The random doubler did have something not quite right (unfortunatly, I didn't have my reading glasses that day, so I can't tell you what it was, and those other 2 guys won't post, so you'll never know) but a week later, kolar had fixed it (for free) and life was good again. bob

16. jethro

jethro TS Member

I have owned a Kolar 32" Sporting gun for a couple of years and after a while it started to fanfire. This past fall I sent the trigger group in to Kolar and they added an inertia weight to the trigger to slow down the trigger from resetting so fast for the second shot. When I shot at overhead targets the gun would bounce of my shoulder and the second barrel would go off from the recoil because I squeezed the trigger with out letting off.The addition of the inertia weight has taken care of the problem. They fixed it for free.I have also seen this happen on 2 K-80s that that were being shot in one of my groups.I believe that this can happen on any gun with mechanical triggers if your not used to them.I am very pleased with my Kolar,but there are many good makes out there. Jeff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

kolar double firing

kolar shotgun double fire