1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Kolar Service

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by butcher, Aug 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. butcher

butcher Member

Just got back from Sparta and went to Kolar to have some things done and I can tell you their service is top notch and they are really friendly.

2. threedeuces

threedeuces TS Member

That's why most of my friends and my self own them. Pretty hard to beat there whole package.

3. Doubles Xpert

Doubles Xpert Member

I second what Threeduces said... great guys always have a smile on thier face's and always willing to help you out if possible..

4. Donm

Donm Active Member

Watch out for the balding old guy behind the counter he is just mean. LOL. Sorry Ron I had to do it. You really can't find a better bunch of people to do business with. Jeff we need to talk about money now that I built you guys up so nice.

5. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

I recently upgraded my trap gun inventory with a Kolar TC. I really like the gun and it seems to be rock solid but I am wondering about the types of 'service' this gun may require.

Waht do you longer time Kolar owners do for annual service/inspection?

6. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

Every interaction I have with the folks at Kolar has been positive. I just wish Jeff could find a way to get 30 hours out of a 24 hour day.

There really is no annual service. The main thing is to keep the gun lubricated at the wear points and clean and lubricate the trigger periodically. You also need to drop the hammer and make sure the top lever is in a neutral position. Bill Malcolm

7. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

Took my Kolar in today and asked Ron to do an annual checkup. After he told me I must have the O/U barrel for an annual, he put the gun together and checked it. After a few minutes he handed it back to me and said the gun didn't need a thing. We shook hands and I left. Nice, honest people.

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

PS I purposely left the O/U barrel at home. Just one more thing to pack and I have no plans to shoot it.

8. Donm

Donm Active Member

Gene. The reason they need the O/U is to time the ejectors and trigger cocking timing. They never do a halfa-- job. Wouldn't you agree though that Ron is really mean. He was here at the house Sat. and was drinking way to much whiskey and braking funiture and stuff. If you get a chance stop by and tell him I am talking about him on the web. He should get a chuckle out of it. Also tell him to keep Keith sobber to work on my trigger Sun. PM.

Don

9. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

I had a issue with my TS where the trigger pull got to light.
    (About 2 lbs.) I stopped in at Kolar and Keith took a look at
    it. Somehow the sear spring had gotten bent. He replaced the spring,
    checked the whole gun over and didn't charge me a penny. I wasn't
    even the original purchaser of the gun. Their customer care is the best.

10. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

DonM:
    Yea, that Ron fellow is real mean. He even had the nerve to ask me how many shells I had put through the gun since the last service. And, when I said I just bought the gun here at the Grand from Jeff a year ago, he said "So?" Oh, the nerve........

I'll go by there tomorrow and tell him to get his act together. <:)

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

11. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

DonM:
    Went to Kolar today (Sunday) and told Ron what you said. He said "Thanks for the message, but I already took care of Ron." I can only assume you got what you deserved. <:)

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

12. kolar1000

kolar1000 TS Member

I have never had service done on my Kolar. So far it just does not break down. I did just take my 90T by Kolar at the Grand for a broken trigger. Ron and Keith not only fixed the problem but did it in record time. Great bunch of talented smiths,nice guys too. Terry

13. kolar12

kolar12 Member

The one item that I neglected was the firing pin holes. I clean my gun religiously but never did the firing pin holes. They carboned up so much that the gun would not fire all of the time. I had to use a drill bit, by hand, to remove it. It would buffer the firing pin enough to have some misfires. Works great now!

14. Twinbirds

Twinbirds TS Member

any gun will need maintenance. springs lose their tension.

15. Jacob Guthrie

Jacob Guthrie Member

My only complaint is they are too nice! Oh and they drink Miller products, YUCK! LOL one of the nicest groups of people I've ever dealt with.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

kolar shotgun annual inspection what is recomended

timing ejectors on a kolar shotgun