1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Kolar Serial Numbers

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Babalooey, Aug 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Babalooey

Babalooey TS Member

Do new Kolar gun receivers and barrels have same serial numbers? Any exceptions? Does anybody know years of production and serial numbers for the various years? Also, are the trigger groups serialed to know you did not get a early trigger (fan fire prone?) with a newer gun? Are their any serial number ranges to stay away from?

Thanks for the help Kolar fans.

Bob

2. spritc

spritc Active Member

All of my serial numbers are the same. Later guns would be above 2000.

Steve

3. Kolar Dan

Kolar Dan Member

#'s on mine matched on all sub assemblys. Ser# 14xx. I wouldn't want a new gun that didn't.
    Sonny

4. scott calhoun

scott calhoun Well-Known Member

I can tell you, based on conversations with Jeff when I bought my combo set and a friend bought his TS, that the serial numbers don't mean much. They don't send them out in order, and my friend requested a specific number that was a couple of hundred ahead of what they were currently sending out.

As far as I know the receivers and barrels have matching serial numbers, and even my ejectors have serial numbers on them.

Scott

5. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

Yes, my receiver, barrels, and trigger group are all serialized with the same number...#1234, circa 2001

6. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

Mine is K02008 and both barrels (carrier and sporting) are marked 2008. Originally had a 34" barrel on it and Rags marked the two 32" new barrels to match the receiver.

7. Klay_Buster

Klay_Buster TS Member

Mine is 59x and still going strong. Purchased new in 1998.
    All numbers match.

8. Babalooey

Babalooey TS Member

9. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Mine is 99x. I purchased it used a few years ago. I thought Rags told me it was made in '97, but if klay_buster's is below the 600 range and made in late 97 or early 98, mine must be newer than I thought (or his sat for a long time and mine didn't). everything matches except the trigger, i assume the guy who sold it to the dealer I bought it from had 2 guns, and kept the trigger he liked. At any rate, the trigger is it is 1400 something serial #, so newer than the gun. Kolar checked to make sure it fit the gun correctly and was given a clean bill of health, i just never bother having it re-serial numbered. About to go back to kolar next week for a complete overhaul, its past due. Sure will be nice to have a brand new looking and functioning gun again.

10. Kolarpole

Kolarpole Member

Babalooey...............Numbers on every part of this Kolar T/S...#339 Ordered in Nov/06 and arrived March/07

11. Babalooey

Babalooey TS Member

Thanks for the info.

Bob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
ko2845 kolar serial numbers
kolar arms trap year by serialnumber
kolar shotgun by serial nunbers

kolar shotgun serial number range

kolar shotgun serial numbers