1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

kolar ser #01783 kolar owners help

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by skeetiee, May 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skeetiee

skeetiee Member

i am going to purchase a used kolar with ser # 01783 it is a 750 bore gun. can some of you kolar owners help me. do you think this is a newer gun with the trigger issues adrressed. or should i stay away? i shot a kolar the other day and i doubled on me a couple times. i love the way kolars feel but the triggers concern me a little. any info would be great. thanks lee

2. Klay_Buster

Klay_Buster TS Member

Are you asking about pull or release triggers?
    I have been shooting Kolars (2) since 1998. No problems with release triggers. But a word of caution. Your trigger is only as good as the last person who adjusted it. My advise is that is only one person, Keith Springers at Kolar.
    You also must know that shooting a mechnical trigger may be different than your used to. Kolar will set it up for your shooting style if you ask them.
    You can't go wrong with a Kolar. Regards, Dave

3. skeetiee

skeetiee Member

i am speaking of pull triggers. thanks lee

4. Klay_Buster

Klay_Buster TS Member

Lee
    I have never heard of problems with a pull trigger.
    The one you tried has either been messed with or you have an operator problem.
    Regards, Dave

5. robtranter

robtranter TS Member

I have serial number in the 400s and have had no trigger problems with either the pull or release.

Rob

6. kolarkim

kolarkim Member

I have an under 500 serial # gun and I have never had any double or fan fireings as you say that werent self inflicked, I have heard of some though and it sounds like the inertia weight is wrong somehow. Kolar, I am sure will fix any problems you have, they were willing to do anything I wanted to fix mine. You wont go wrong with the Kolar. By the way after the self inflicked problem (I removed the inertia weight so the safety didnt work which was, according to Kolar, not possible for me to do without ruining my trigger, and which I reassembled after I realized I did the wrong thing) has never screwed up since. and for those who complain about the weight if it is 750 bore you will love it I had mine bored in about 1999 and it was the best thing I ever did to my O/U. KK

7. jethro

jethro TS Member

I bought a Sporting Clays gun #1895 w/ .750 barrels and absolutely love the gun. I did have an issue with the trigger fan firing once in a while but only shooting at an overhead target. The gun would simply bounce off my shoulder and the second barrel would go off,(fan-fire) I sent the trigger in and they added an inertia weight to it so it would not reset so fast for the second shot. That solved my problem and I have since added an un-single trap barrel to my rig. You cannot go wrong with the Kolar if you like how it shoots. Jeff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.