1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Kolar SC

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by WNCRob, Oct 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WNCRob

WNCRob Member

Any sporting clays shooters out there have any opinions on the Kolar SC? As a very happy owner of a Kolar trap gun, I wonder if their sporting clays gun has much of a following...should be very reliable, but what about dynamics, handling, etc.?

WNCRob

2. pheasantsgalore

pheasantsgalore Active Member

I have owned and shot a Kolar SC with two sets of barrels. I just picked up a set of 32" barrels to have fitted. The 30 ' set have Kolar sub-gauge tubes so I can shoot "everything". The gun has the "euopean" style foreend, trim and sweet to handle. This is only my opinion, but the gun has great feel, dynamics and no recoil. I also shoot a MX8 for sporting and have other barrels for trap. It also feels great and performs flawlessly, when you do your part! Kolar guns are obviously well engineered and a lot of thought went into the design of this shooter. Mine weighs around 9 lbs. right on. Well balanced with the 30 inch barrels, and should be just as fine with 32", but the 34 inchers I have used on Kolar just too unbalanced for my own self. Every "body" is different, right? Rob G.

3. WNCRob

WNCRob Member

Rob, you seem to be a member of a very small, select group...either that or the Kolar SC shooters are doing their best to keep this gun a secret.

WNCRob

4. jls7522

jls7522 Member

Sporting Clays is my primary game and I happen to also shoot a 32" 750 bore Kolar. Those of use that shoot Kolar in sporting clays are indeed few and far between. The Kolar seems to be much less dynamic than most other guns, which suits my style of shooting but it seems is not for many sporting shooters. The consistent thing I read on this and other forums is that you need to shoot these guns before you spend the money.

5. bobby ward

bobby ward Member

WNCRob,

I have a Kolar Sporting Clays and I love it! Originally it had 30 & 32" barrels. I found out quickly that for my liking the 30's just did not do it for me. You may be different but I like the 32's far better. A year into owning it, I acquired a set of 34" ramp rib .750 barrels and I ABSOLUTELY LOVE them! Some might think they would be too long and bulky or slow to react but for my physical size they are AWESOME! The gun is a target smoking son of gun with any set of barrels you choose. They are well balanced and swing smoothly and soft on recoil. You will love it!

Bobby Ward

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.