1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Kolar Release Triggers

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by flybyknight, Jul 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flybyknight

flybyknight Member

Has anyone had problems with factory Kolar release triggers? What problems were encountered? Were you able to resolve the problems?

2. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

I had a problem with "pull through". I called and Keith walked me through several steps to identify the problem. I sent it to the factory and got it back in a couple of days. It had been completely reworked and had new roller pins installed, among other things. It functions great and I could not praise Kolar any highre. They are the greatest!

3. Donm

Donm Active Member

Have had mine for three years and about 45,000 targets. Had the springs changed last year and have had no problems at all.

4. chipking

chipking TS Member

The only problem that I ever had with mine was an occasional double click as I set it. Knowing that Trap shooting is mostly mental picture this. Doubles and as you set the trigger for your first shot you hear click,click very distinctly. Now instead of a calm relaxed "pull" with everything focused on the first bird your mind is racing "is it going to double?did it break? (PULL) WHAT WHO SAID THAT? I'm not ready oh crap missed what the heck happened oh crap missed again". Mind you the trigger never did any of the things I worried about but that didn't stop the brain from side tracking every time it happened.

--- Chip King ---

5. Bird Grinder

Bird Grinder Member

Been shooting Kolar double release for 5 years on 3 guns, have had no problem. Best releases made!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Bird Grinder

Bird Grinder Member

Chipking, Sounds like you need to send those triggers in to Kolar and get a tune up.

7. Jon Reitz

Jon Reitz Well-Known Member

The only problem I had with Kolar release triggers is that they would throw perfectly good springs and firing pins in the trash before I could snatch them up. They did it twice! Super people.

8. chipking

chipking TS Member

The folks at Kolar always were great to deal with and always gave excellent service no matter what the issue. I ended up trading the gun off because the had to haves got me. Great gun and great Customer Service.

--- Chip King ---

9. flybyknight

flybyknight Member

I apprecite the responses. It seems most people have had good luck with the Kolar double release triggers, although a few people have experienced "pull thru" when setting the trigger. I'm trying to decide on whether to buy a set from Kolar for $1700, or go with the Precision Gold for $2300. I do have concerns about the flat springs on the Precision trigger. I've seen too many P and K gun triggers break in the middle of events.

10. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

I believe that they had problems with some of the early release triggers. I have a pair of double release triggers and interchange them in the gun periodically. The only problems I have had have been brain related.

I was at Kolar a few months ago and Keith showed me and explained the newest version of their trigger. Some folks have had an issue with fan firing. They have made a modification which causes a slight delay in setting the second hammer. The test gun has worked without incident for over a year now. Bill Malcolm

11. goatskin

goatskin TS Member

Chip, did you ever move your DB81 set?

Bob

12. chipking

chipking TS Member

No I just got it back from the buddy who was taking it around to the shoots to sell. Lots of lookers but other than a couple of new stock dings nothing. I had even considered trading it for a camper or doing a either or sale with it or the CG Summit Combo where I keep the one that is left.

--- Chip King ---

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.