1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

kolar question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ron y, Apr 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ron y

ron y TS Member

I HAVE A KOLAR TS,I AM HAVING A PROBLEM WITH THE ADJ RIB LOOSENING UP AT THE FRONT OF THE RIB, THE RIB MOVING UP AND CHANGING MY POI,,HAVE TRIED LOCTITE AND LOCK WASHER,,HAS ANYBODY ELSE HAD THIS PROBLEM OR HAVE A CURE?
    THANKS RON Y

2. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

I'd tend to think I'd make a phone call to Racine. Those guys up there really know how to help a shooter out.

ss

3. gunner x

gunner x TS Member

I also am having the exact difficulty with my Kolar TS. Rib trends to float,
    and will not lock in position. My estimation is that the HANGER needs to be
    replaced, that is the front hanger and mine is a type A hanger. This is one of
    the weak links with a Kolar TS, with only one lock down allen screw. I thought
    I was going blind with this happens, because the rib seems secure from shot to
    shot but it drifts in and out of position and will mistify and doubt your
    shooting ability. Just what I dont need, ADJUSTABLE TROUBLE, so its off to
    Kolar today, I wonder why they stopped production of the simple guns.
    The gimmick of trap shooting I suppose.

Gunnerx

4. threedeuces

threedeuces TS Member

It must be different than the the one on my T/A because it is as secure as can be.

5. gunner x

gunner x TS Member

3222, this problem concerns a Kolar TS. The front hanger is secured by one
    one allen screw and the screw wheel adjusts the rib height. Note this is a TS.
    Kolar needs to address this issue, for the adjustment device is not postive, nor
    should one pay to have this corrected. A Kolar defect for sure. Still a good gun. I think.

Its always something,

Gunnerx

6. threedeuces

threedeuces TS Member

As well as I know Kolar, If everyone that owns a T/S had the problem they would take care of it. I have several friends who own them and they never have a problem. So like what was said above, Call Kolar and try to get "your" problem fixed. They are very good to deal with.

7. gunner x

gunner x TS Member

3222's, Your correct, Kolar has no option but to correct this issue. Please
    note, the Rib may seem secure to the eye and touch, but during firing, it
    vibrates and shifts up and down. Some shooters never observe their rib settings
    for proper placement and are not aware of the shifting, that is the reason they
    don't precieve the problem. This is not a isolated issue,as noted.

Interesting, I fear,

Gunnerx

8. ron y

ron y TS Member

THANKS EVERYBODY,,I CALLED KOLAR,,THEY SAID THERE COULD BE A PROBLEM ALTHOUGH RARE,,THE RIB WAS MACHINED WRONG,,ALLOWING THE RIB TO MOVE,,THEY SAID SEND THE BARREL AND RIB BACK, 1WEEK TURN AROUND,,THEY WILL FIX IT,,THANKS FOR EVERYBODYS OPINIONS,,,,RON Y

9. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

ron y,

Glad to hear that you had a good, productive, conversation with the good people at Kolar. I've yet to hear that a customer wasn't treated faily and taken care of at Kolar.

(PS I don't know if you have a vision problem or not, but the all cap's is a little hard on the eyes.)

ss

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.