1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Kolar on the UPS truck

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Border Bandit, Oct 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

In exactly six weeks to the day, from my day long, very thorough fitting with Jeff, at the Kolar plant at Racine, the UPS truck arrived at our door with my newly stocked and fitted Comp MAX TA, just as Kolar President John Ramigli said it would. John called me on Monday, saying it was to be shipped that afternoon and later, provided a UPS tracking number. Within an hour of it's arrival, Barb & I were on our way to North Carroll and signed up to shoot in the winter league. Without adjusting anything, and just taking it out of the case, I ran the singles then dropped two birds in handicap for a 48 x 50.

Jeff helped me select a truly spectacular piece of English Walnut and I doubt either of us could have predicted how beautifully it would turn out. I'll shoot the Waynesboro League tonight, and the Tri-State at Tuscarora on Sunday, then visit the patterning board to see if adjustments may be needed.

To those who are thinking about custom gun fit, I say stop thinking about it and schedule a fitting, it's the best money you'll ever spend at this game. There are several top of the line trap guns to choose from; but I chose Kolar because, to me, Kolar offers, best of what I want in a trap gun, with fit topping the list.

Thanks to Dave Wolk for his advice, by pointing out the reasons why I should consider and choose Kolar. I'm grateful to John Ramigli and Jeff and the rest of the wonderful folks at Kolar who gave me a tour and the keys to the place, including John's very secure wood room. (accompanied, of course) (grin)

To Jeff, I can't thank you enough for the enthusiasm, humor and talent you shared in making this beautiful gun for me. The experience and the gun are treasures beyond measure. The drive, on the other hand was not, and when Barb comes out to get her gun, we'll fly to Milwaukee as everyone suggested.

If I ever become a good enough shooter to get my photo in one of the trap magazines, I'll be proudly wearing the Kolar ball cap John gave me.

PS: you get to see it Sunday, Tom ....MIKE

2. Bubba

Bubba Member

Congrats on the Kolar experience.

Pics, or it didn't happen lol

3. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

pictures...we demand pictures.

4. Border Bandit

I looked at the instructions on how to post a photo. Um, I'm 68 and am one of the last persons on the planet who still has a VCR and can't change it's clock. Would someone volunteer to post the photos if I emailed them? Sorry to be such a PITA. ....mike

5. WarEagle2017

WarEagle2017 Active Member

Hi Mike I am also a Marylander, send me your pics and I'll post them for you

6. tuscarora 99

tuscarora 99 TS Member

Hey mike i hope to see the gun there sunday.

7. Paladin

Paladin Well-Known Member

Nice folks, top shelf service, and top shelf product.

8. Border Bandit

Thank you kindly, drhuner. I'll take some tomorrow, and send 'em to you. That's very kind of you.

9. The Kolar Kid

The Kolar Kid TS Member

You now own the best Trap gun on the market IMHO

KK

10. fearlessfain

fearlessfain TS Member

does that kolar shoot better than rudy etchen's 870, if it does it's a keck of a gun.

11. comp 1

comp 1 Well-Known Member

Congrats on getting it shipped to you thru ups.

12. Border Bandit

Darn right, Tom. It ain't worth it's keep if I can't shoot in the rain. See you Sunday.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.