1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

KOLAR O/U

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by skeet_man, Oct 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

demand. for every 30" they'd sell, they'll sell 50 32", and just about every guy out there that wants a 30" will settle for a 32" if they have to... I'm actually surprised Krieghoff makes a 30" barrel for their trap special, i believe thats a fairly recent addition though.

BTW, if someone REALLY wanted a set of 30" high rib barrels, all they have to do is ask (and have the $), Kolar will make you just about anything you want within reason, but its going to cost you more than their standard production items.

2. skeet_man

Yes, I am Ian Smingler

Call Kolar. There is a chance they may be interested in doing a run of 30s and are just waiting for enough demand, or will make you a custom set. Another option is to get a set of 30" fixed rib barrels, and have dennis devault put one of his new adjustable ribs on it.

It appears I was in error about 30" trap special barrels, I don't know what I was looking at, maybe their new pro-sporter ribbed barrels. I could have sworn I saw them listed on the krieghoff site, guess not.

3. skeet_man

AH HA, found out where I saw the 30" trap special barrels listed. It was on Krieghoffs Germany website (krieghoff.de). Whats weird is that they aren't listed on the Krieghoff USA or Krieghoff UK websites, so its very possible its a typo.

4. skeet_man

Guess kolar does make 30" T/A Barrels, check here:

http://www.trapshooters.com/noframes/cfpages/thread.cfm?threadid=197793&Messages=80

Thanks to another ts.com'er for the info. He also informed me that Dawson's (Dawsonent.com) has 30" trap special barrels available.

5. jbmi

jbmi Well-Known Member

If somebody want a set of nice 30" Kolar 740 barrels let me know, I have a set I'd sell.

6. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

I don't see what all the fuss is about. There is a 30" for sale on this site.

ss

7. ramorton

ramorton TS Supporters TS Supporters

Dixie, you can view the 30" barrels here on T.S. under Aaron Willoughby's " new Kolar's for sale" thread. Hope this helps, Roy P.S. my 32 in. barrels were too heavy.

8. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

My T/A Max O/U barrels are 32" and I shoot them for skeet as well as trap. The different POI between the top and bottom barrel are more troublesome than the barrel length. Bill Malcolm

9. ramorton

ramorton TS Supporters TS Supporters

Dixie, if you want to get the gun with 30in. TA barrels, have them install the TA rib on a set of 30in. skeet barrels. They are all screw choked anyway.Hope this helps, Roy

10. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

DS25,

The bottom barrel POI can be changed independantly of the top barrel. This is done by changing hangers.

ss

11. rbrettallen

rbrettallen TS Member

jbmi,

I am interested in your 30" .740 Kolar Barrels. Please email me with your contact info including phone number.

Brett

12. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

Dixie, Sorry, I have been away. I have my O/U set up to shoot trap doubles. The bottom barrel shoots a 90/10 POI and the top shoots 60/40. Bill Malcolm

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.