1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Kolar Mechanical Trigger 01/03/08

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Earl4140, Jan 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Earl4140

Earl4140 TS Member

I shoot with one of Tennessee's top shooters. He has a gorgeous Kolar Combo. He came to Kolar after many years with Perazzi's. He is having some trouble getting off the second shot at Doubles.

Has anyone experienced a similar problem? Does anyone have comments or suggestions? Thanks, Earl Hamman

2. Doug H

Doug H TS Member

I had the same problem with the trigger in a Beretta 682. The small leaf spring
    attached to the top of the frame MUST be in contact with the hook when the hook
    is in place on the inertia block. A space of 1/32 of an inch will cause this
    problem.

3. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

Possibly go back to the P-Gun. Sorry I had to say it. Good luck with the Kolar.

4. Earl4140

Earl4140 TS Member

Doug H.: Thanks for your comment. Gun is Pull/Pull. Shooter mumbles "... doesn't have inerial block...". Earl

5. finger

finger TS Member

It has no intertia block because the Kolar triggers are mechanical. I suspect he is not releasing the trigger between shots. Tell him to let go after the first one and then pull it again. 150K rounds through my Kolar and never ever had that problem. I too shot a Perazzi before moving to the Kolar shortly after the Kolar was introduced. bob finger

6. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Send the trigger to Keith at Kolar they will fix it fast for free if there is a problem.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

7. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

As Gary said above, call Keith Spranger at Kolar. If there is a problem he will fix it. A friend had a "problem" with their trigger ... Kolar worked on the trigger a number of times ... problem turns out that it wasn't really the trigger's fault. Consider trying a release trigger. Bill Malcolm

8. ebc

ebc TS Member

I have a Kolar O/U. Not releasing the trigger completely can cause the problem you describe (or a fan fire). Kolar recommends that the trigger shoe be moved far enough forward so that the shoe sits on the pad of your finger and not the first joint. This way, it is almost impossible not to let go completely. I use my gun in sporting clays and trap doubles; never had a problem. Follow their suggestions for cleaning and lubricating the trigger mechanism as well. Shooting it dry or using heavy lubricants can interfere with the shuttle movement (trigger reset). I use just a drop of CLP (Break Free) with good results.
    Good luck,
    ebc

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

mechanical trigger kolar