1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Kolar Max TA vs Krieghoff K80 Trap Special

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by K80Dude, Apr 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. K80Dude

K80Dude Member

So I have been thinking about buying a new trap gun. I have kicked around buying a K80 trap special or possibly making my K80 into one. I want to go to a PFS stock anyway so I really would just need to buy new barrels and sell the ones I have. I also have thought about making my K80 into a sporting/skeet gun and just buying a Trap Special. I have not shot the trap special but I have shot the Kolar Max TA.

I shot the Kolar Max TA and was very impressed with it. I really liked the speed I saw targets with the high rib. So I do know I want to go in the direction of a high rib, high shooting POI trap gun. I also do know I want to buy a PFS for this gun.

With all that said, what are your opinions of the two shotguns? Is one better then the other or do things the other can't?

Dave

2. jsa3107

jsa3107 TS Supporters TS Supporters

You cant buy 2 better trap guns than what you are looking at
    Either one once you get over the "new gun " learning curve both will shoot great
    No trigger problems no issues with break downs
    They are both going to hold their value
    I would go with the k-80 Trap Special but either will be fine..

3. Harv Shell

Harv Shell TS Supporters TS Supporters

Dittibals, catch me at DGSC and you can shoot mine, if you like. I also like this Clyde Slyde stock setup better than the PFS I used to shoot on the MX2000. Harv.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. K80Dude

K80Dude Member

Harv, your shooting the K80 right? How long have you been shooting it? Is there anything you don't like? What did you shoot prior to it?

Thanks!

5. Harv Shell

Harv Shell TS Supporters TS Supporters

Dave, you have a pm.

6. SR1

SR1 TS Member

I would get the Kolar.

7. jbshep

jbshep Member

You should check out the Perazzi MX10RS or the new TMX. I love mine and I have had both the Kolar and the K80TS. Brad

8. jsa3107

jsa3107 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Brad
    Will beretta or ?? Honor the warranty?

Sorry couldnt help my self

Now Brad the guy didnt ask about Perazzi did he????

I am sure you just misread what he said ...

9. RAScott

RAScott Member

Go kolar, rock solid gun smooth shooting, low recoil. The high rib is great for target visability. American made. Bought one at the Grand and love it.
    Good scores and not so good, but the season is about to start. When I do my part it works great. like any gun you do your part and its easy. Very dependable.

Bob S

10. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

I bought my Kolar TA Max from the factory last summer with the PFS right from Kolar. I've never shot the Trap Special, so I can't give you a comparison. I love shooting my Kolar so much that missing is still fun. Go with the .750 bore, it just eats any shell I put through it. I let lots of people shoot mine and the comments are usually ... WOW, how can you miss ... I say "Watch me" (LOL). I would describe it as joyful to shoot.

I would strongly urge you to shoot both guns and pick the one the "just feels right" for you. Bill Malcolm

11. The Kissable Wanker

The Kissable Wanker TS Member

If I were you I'd also add the MX2005 to my search. I've shot the K-80 TS, the Kolar Ta Max and the MX2005. All good, different but all of them will suite your needs and each has a slightly different feel to it. Not enough difference that you couldn't get used to it. You will not go wrong with anyone of the three. Some will disparage any one of the three just because they hate that particular company. Each one has it's little foibles, each has it's strong points and weaknesses.

12. K80Dude

K80Dude Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
k80 trap special vs
kohler max trap ta for sale

kolar max ta

kolar max trap

kolar max trap ta

kolar max trap ts reviews

reviews of kolar max ta trap shotgun