1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Kolar Max TA and other Kolar O/U experiences?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by TX-MX, Mar 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TX-MX

TX-MX TS Member

Anyone have much hands on experience with recent model Kolar O/Us? Thinking of a Kolar Max T/A combo but have heard mixed reviews on the Kolar O/U even from folks who flat out swear by the Kolar unsingles. Have posted a similar question in the past but wondering if there are any new experiences out there with Kolar Over/Unders - hopefully postitive ones, but whatever, would love to hear some feedback.

2. msmith

msmith Member

I own a Kolar skeet gun and love it. Ser. # 229X. have owned it for 3 years. I have owned Berettas, 4 different Perazzis, Brownings and a K80. The Kolar is very user friendly. Easy to clean and take apart. The trigger is the best, better than my K80. If I could trade my K80 for a new Kolar I probably do it. I just wonder why they have not sold over 3000 guns in 13 years that the gun has been available!. In my opinion they are an excellent gun and do not hesitate to buy one. If you are paying cash, you should be able to neg. pretty good. At Christmas acouple of well known dealers had specials of 20% off msrp. Good luck, Mike

3. Bird Grinder

Bird Grinder Member

Got my TA max last month. It's been the best gun I've ever had so far. Thinking about selling my other K80 for another.

4. TX-MX

TX-MX TS Member

Any other Kolar O/U users out there?????

5. eric

eric TS Supporters TS Supporters

I have shot my trap combo since 2001 and just recently went back to Kolar and had a custom stock made - very good move. I have it for sale on this forum and plan to replace the custom stock with an upgraded twisted sister stock when it sells. The current custom stock will go on a new T/A - don't know if I will shoot it any better but overall I am very happy with the Kolar gun and the folks at the factory.

Eric

6. Doubles Xpert

Doubles Xpert Member

I bought a Kolar Combo last year, I really am getting in to it now... I went to the factory and had a custom Stock made for it... WOW first rate service and company. Jeff was awesome... the guy is a sheer genius with wood.. Any way upon my return home and when I did get the gun... I won the first three registered tournaments in the doubles... hence the name... I love mine. I had shot a Perazzi and Browning before, but none of them even compare to the target crushing ability of the Kolar.. I've shot over 85 case's through the gun now without one even minor problem... My gun has the 34" high shooting double barrels with the .750" bore.

7. chipking

chipking TS Member

I just sold some Ljutics to buy a used Kolar 34 OS / 30 O/U Combo. I am very pleased so far. I won the 16 yard with it my first shoot with less than 150 get acquainted rounds so for me it seems to work very well. For doubles it swings a little slower than my 682 Trap X with 32" barrels but still seems to be on target when I do my part. I had a K-80 Combo and we just did not jell after 2500+ rounds so for me at least the Kolar is doing much better.
    --- Chip King ---

8. k1200ltc509

k1200ltc509 Member

Eric I think that the stock on your trap combo won't work on the new Max T/A. I asked Jeff about this @ the Grand last year and he told me they will not interchange. That's poopy as I have "beyond" left handed twister sister on my current T/C. Rick Gibbs

9. eric

Rick:

Thanks for the info!! Do you know if the problem is comb height or????

Eric

10. k1200ltc509

k1200ltc509 Member

I know it is the comb for sure, because of the rib height, and I do think that the receiver has changed also. And I even think that they are producing taller hardware for the adjustable comb. RLG

11. eric

Russ and RLG - thanks for the info on the receiver being changed. I assumed it was the same. Looks like I just spent $1500 on a new stock that won't work on a T/A - but I would think it could be duplicated on a new chunk of wood that would fit the T/A. Now I just gotta get my Elite Combo sold.....

Eric

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

kolar max ta over under any good