1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Kolar/Kreighoff Recommends!!

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Joe Woods, May 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe Woods

Joe Woods Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Shopping for Kolar, Kreighoff combo. upgrade wood.
    Any suggestions.

Joe Woods/Ontario

2. RAScott

RAScott Member

0   0   0

Kolar, American made. Jeff mainland can and will do an exellent job of fitting you, and you pick out the wood. I bought mine used and then had a stock made. I would do it again. If i needed.

Bob S

3. creek

creek Member

0   0   0

Definately Kolar.
    I just took a tour of their facilities, in Racine, and was more than impressed. They have some of the best craftsmen in the business. Building a Kolar shotgun for them is like completing a work of art.

I own a Kolar skeet gun and hope to own a Kolar Trap some day.

John

4. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

0   0   0

For a combo... I'd edge the Kolar referencing newer technology and American Engineering. If it was for an SBT - The KX-5 is tough to beat - newer technology, proven reliability at a competitive price point with German Engineering.

Regards all,

Jay

5. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Krieghoff-- you dont just start making guns and expect to compete with precise German engineering

Much better resale value and better design I think-

Kolars break down- especially the triggers- dont know if they fixed that program or not

Kolars have a lot going for them and are probably 3rd or 4th behind Krieghoff, Perazzi, and maybe Beretta for target O/Us

BTW- there is no new technology in a Kolar- lol- someone point that out please

regards from Iowa

Gene

6. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Doggai- sounds like you werent paying to close of attention- sounds like it was a removable trigger Perazzi to me

Krieghoff only had one drop out O/U and I dont see a trigger spring breaking in that

regards from Iowa

Gene

7. msmith

msmith Member

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

I own both. Kolar for skeet and a K80 for trap and sporting. Try to shoot both and see what you like best. I prefer the Kolar . The only bad thing about Kolar is when you try to get rid of one, you will take a beating. I do not know why this is since both are quality guns. Nothing holds resale like a Krieghoff. Mike

8. Hooked

Hooked Member

0   0   0

Joe,

Track me down when you're out here for the Canadians. Maybe I can help with your decision.

Brian

9. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

A used Kolar is a bargain resale is lower than a kreighoff so if you like a Kolar after shooting both it will be a better price but you will get the same return when selling it. I am a Kreighoff shooter and have looked at the Kolars many times and they seemed quite heavy but well built. I have never shot one as I'm might like them and want one. If buying new I would get a Krieghoff as the value on resale is very high providing you like the Kreighoff as well as a Kolar after shooting both. I have several friends that shoot Kolars and they are well pleased and would never give up their Kolars. as I my Kreighoffs

10. msmith

msmith Member

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

The Kolar and Remington 3200 have very little in common except for split barrels and being made in USA. If you look at skeet and the top 10 shooters last years "big guns" shoot Kolars and Krieghoffs. Only one other gun (Beretta).

11. trapster100

trapster100 Member

0   0   0

LOL....."only one other gun (Beretta)"

12. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

0   0   0

Hi, Joe. We shot together some years ago at Vandalia.

I would recommend the Kolar without hesitation. No question that it is a great gun but it is supported by a great company with great people. I could tell you 2 stories about the servie I received but suffice it to say, they went way beyond excellent. I also believe that the Kolar is simpler with fewer springs, for example, which need expensive "annual service".

As for the trigger, it is great, pull or release, and you can even talk to the man who designed it!

I could not be happier with my Kolar and don't belive that there is a better gun made anywhere!

13. Joe Woods

Joe Woods Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Thankyou gentlemen. I do appreciate your thoughts.
    What should I pay for K80 or Kolar combo. How Much & were !!

Joe Woods/Ontario

14. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I don't think you can buy a nice used K-80 combo less than $8000.00----same Kolar combo much less but when you go to resell the Kolar hold on to your pants.Not too many in my area looking for Kolars---Put a K-gun on the table and watch the action--I'd go for the K-gun if you can afford one---you won't be unhappy---gL---sjb---

15. acorange

acorange Well-Known Member

0   0   0

"precise german engineering" blah,blah,blah.....

How many germans does it take to change a light bulb?

None if the light bulb was engineered correctly...

16. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

I have never shouldered a Krieghoff and don't think I ever will.
    I shoot a Kolar (along with many friends)and they are as good as money can buy. There factory service and knowledge is second to none. The number of Kolar shooters at my club is growing daily at a rapid pace.
    For what it's worth I would buy a Blaser before I would go the Krieghoff way.

17. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

0   0   0

Ignoance is bliss LOL.Jeff

18. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Remember the old days???My Ford will take U wherever your Caddy will take U---Always envey---I don't see many K-gun owners trading for a Kolar---We had a Kolar salesman here a few yrs ago and went home with the same cargo---How many big dogs shoot Kolars???---I am not kicking them but just trying to be sensible.I can't see any advantage to a Kolar except $$$---I am sure they will break targets so go for it---sjb---

19. kolar kda

kolar kda TS Member

0   0   0

kolar is a awesome gun, i have had one now for 7 years. there isnt a gun out there i would rather have than it. but as most people on here have stated kolar doesnt have as high of a resale value, which isnt a problem if you dont plan to sell it. i have never had a part break on my kolar, i havent shot as many targets as some people but i did make the 2004 jr all-american team with it shooting aprox 10,000 targets that year. the best bet for anyone is to try and shoot different guns, find the one you think is the most comfortable, and go with it. your going to get crap from the kolar shooters if you get a k-80, and your going to get crap from the k-80 shooters if you get a kolar, its the same as the chevy, dodge, and ford fight. but i will say this one last thing for kolar, when i got mine i went up to racine and jeff mianland worked with me getting it to have an exact fit for me and my shooting style, my singles average went up 2%, my doubles went up about 8%, and my handicaps went up about 2%. i also made it to the 27 with the kolar. oh and yes, i did pick out the wood thats used on the stock and forend, and in my opinion its top notch wood, but then again all the wood kolar uses is very nice.

20. showmeapair

showmeapair TS Member

0   0   0

Make sure the stock fits and buy the Kolar.

Resale value keeps coming up but if a person is buying a high grade tournament gun and is serious about competing and not trading guns back and forth this is a non-issue. The Kolar triggers are fantastic and mine got better over the last year I’ve shot my Max T/A (14 months old). Jeff Mainland did a fantastic job of fitting my stock at the factory in Racine, WI, which was a great experience from picking out the stock blank and hitting the start button on the CNC to shooting the newly shaped stock in “the tunnel”. I shoot a pull trigger but I’ve seen how ridiculously fast and easy it is to switch to release. Kolar’s have removable triggers which is very practical when it comes to drying out the gun after a wonderful day of shooting in the rain. Recoil, what recoil with the .740” or .750” bores. The receiver is built solid adding a little extra weight which lessens felt recoil and insures the gun won’t blow up. Proudly made in the USA.

-=-Ferdi

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.