1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

kolar hangers and p.o.i.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by verypoor, Jul 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. verypoor

verypoor Member

id like my top barell om my o.u, to shoot higher.the front hanger is a no 4 there is no number on the middle it looks like about 1/8 metal between the dovetails.my top shoots about 50=50 and the bottom 80=20.can the top be adjusted with hangers?

2. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

While there may be a bit of interaction, the hangers adjust the POI of the bottom barrel, or so I've been assured. Maybe you can raise the comb and then, if you need to, lower the POI of the lower barrel with a different hanger.

The reason the hanger works on the bottom barrel is that the rib stiffens the top one and so it's much harder to bend. And you'd have to lower the POI of the lower barrel to raise the other anyway. I think the comb is the way to go.

Neil

3. Bird Grinder

Bird Grinder Member

Do you have the fixed rib Trap Std. or the TA max Adjustable? I have the TA and I had to put the thinnest hanger in the middle and a # 4 hanger on the nose. The bottom barrel is still about 3 inches higher than the top but that is no problem for doubles since I shoot the bottom barrel first. The thinnest hanger is .042, that is what Pete McCall told me if I am remembering right. Kolar has 5 mid hangers and 6 nose hangers, # 1 thru #6, #6 being the biggest making the bottom barrel shoot lowest. If you have the fixed rib you will have to raise the stock and put a thinner hanger in the middle or a higher number on the nose.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
80 mid hanger adjustment

how to install kolar barrel hangers

kolar barrel hanger

kolar barrel hangers