1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Kolar gun shoot off

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by vpsr6, Aug 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vpsr6

vpsr6 Member

Does anyone have info on how the Kolar gun shoot off went down? I saw the list before I left but I understood it would be shot Sat night due to weather on Fri. Winner?

Vic

2. John55

John55 Active Member

Shoot off was held immediately after the completion of the GAH. First round the various yardage groups shot together and once completed there were four or five shooters left to shoot again after breaking 24x25. We all had to shoot solo on the same field as we shot our 1st round. A young man on short yardage won it on the second round. I was one of the 25-26 yard shooters who made it to the second round, broke 22 that time but it wasn't enough!

3. ms_yuan

ms_yuan Member

Well, congrats for making it into the shootoff! Well done.

4. John55

John55 Active Member

Thank you, it was fun and a great ending to the week!

5. Donm

Donm Active Member

Nice shooting. I was on the 27yrd squad. I'm not trying to be mean or start anything but I noticed that when you shot your second round you started on post five. When a single shooter is shooting off they are supposed to start on two. The other single shooters did start on two. The 27yrd shooter that had 24 originally started on five but the second round by his self he started on two as he should have. Did the Ref. tell you where to shoot? I know it doesn't matter but just curious as I know the ref.

6. John55

John55 Active Member

Yep, the ref told me where to start...which was on post 4.

7. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

John--You had a great two day run there. I know it didn't work out like you hoped but you made it there. As you know there were many who would have gladly taken your spot. Nice meeting and talking with you.

Congrats on your new real estate as well!!!

Matt

8. John55

John55 Active Member

Thanks Matt, great meeting up with you as well. Being drawn for the Kolar shoot off was just icing on the cake for me. I think the young man who won the gun will give it a good home and enjoy using it for years to come.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.