1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Kolar, Good Folks in Wis.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by matttrapn, Aug 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. matttrapn

matttrapn Active Member

Here is the short of my post.

Bought a Kolar Max-TA combo at my State shoot. Loved it, had to have it, ect,ect,ect. I made a hasty choice, and the gun just did not fit me, not even close. Contacted the people at Kolar in Wisconsin. Wham, swapped out stock from a #1, to a #4 configuration just as fast as the UPS truck could drive to and from Racine, WI., to Perrysburg, OH.

Then guess what??? My rib configuration would not allow the POI to go where I want it. Bingo, John and the crew in Wis once again said, just get it here, we have what you need, NO PROBLEM!!!

I've taken a long way around the barn here just to say this.

KOLAR people want every shooter, no matter what skill level to have the highest confidence possible in the Kolar products. Hellbells, John even set me up with a cap and tee shirt.

Thank you KOLAR,

Matt Nicol

2. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

It is nice to have the president of a company answer your emails, or questions you might have. I would not think you could get any better service than that. How often does that happen anymore in business. Jon

3. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

These guys are the poster child for customer service and service after the sale. Perazzi/Browning could sure take a lesson from these guys.

My hats off to Jeff Mainland and Keith Sprangers. SUPER GUYS!!!

4. illiniphil

illiniphil Member

I will never own another gun than Kolar. Quality and the customer service that they deliver needs to be encouraged and rewarded. I bought a custom-fitted Max TA from Jeff this spring. I have never had my shooting improve so much in such a short period of time than after I got that gun.

At the Grand, visited the store and of course Jeff recognized me immediately. Made me feel like I was part owner of Kolar family.

5. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

Just got my gun back from the Grand after a yearly service. They do a GREAT job...

FRedmon

6. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

The key to Matt's successful story is that they swapped a standard length stock for another. Had the stock been shortened to anyting but factory length, they consider the stock a done deal. At least that was my experience.

7. jbmi

jbmi Well-Known Member

About the only place you can send barrels you traded with other shooters and have them fitted to your gun with new matching SN added.
    Even though the traded barrels fit and worked with my receiver, I wanted Kolar to check them and match the SN. About 2 week turn-a-round includeing shipping. Gun/barrels came back feeling like it was brand new.
    Great company, great people.

8. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

These kinds of stories are the main reason I decided on a Kolar Max T/A. Every time I have called them they have been as good as it gets with the answer. I had the chance to shoot a round of singles with the new Blaser F3 and with very little adjustment ran them. That got my wheels turning but the wheels quickly stopped turning when I got my hands back on my Kolar. At the end of the day there is no better gun or company than Kolar.

9. bas

bas Member

My friends, the Kolar guys AND gals....are simply the best.

10. K005

K005 Member

Here's another vote for excellent service. I purchased a used Kolar combo earlier this year. Today Keith spent two hours with me setting the POI to my specifications. Changed the rib on the un-single and the barrel hangers on the o/u to get it to shoot where I wanted it with the rib picture I wanted. Now who else would do that on a used gun?

Bob K

11. RAScott

RAScott Member

Kolar is worth the expense, arent you worth it? No better gun and company.

Bob S

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.