1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Kolar firing pins.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jbmi, Jan 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jbmi

jbmi Well-Known Member

I was having one heck of a time shooting once fired Federal Gold Metal and Top Gun hulls when I reload them with Fed. 209A primers.
    A number of posters said it was the guns fault and to get a new firing pin.
    Called Kolar and had one in 4 days (great service) I asked them what a firing pin should measure. They said their standard was 1.365". New one came just that length. When I removed the so called bad firing pin it measured 1.373"
    Tip of the old one had one really really small pit showing under a strong magnifying glass so I don't think that was the problem. Have not had a chance to shoot the new pin yet, but it seems funny I was having FTF problems with a firing pin that is longer than the new one.

2. Donm

Donm Active Member

Have you ever had new springs put in the trigger. A weak hammer spring will do the same thing. And since the old firing pin was longer I would suspect hammer spring.

3. Donm

Donm Active Member

Smoker. I have also heard that about the ejector rods. Good catch especially this time of year keep the grease out.

4. sureshotscott

sureshotscott Member

Been having issues with Fed 209A not going off in several guns. Its the primers and not your Kolar that is the issue. Your Kolar is fine the primers are not. A lot of issues in my area with same problem. Friend sent email to fed with no answer yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.