1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

@@@ Kolar Eye Candy @@@

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dennis DeVault, Apr 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dennis DeVault

Dennis DeVault Active Member

Wanted to show this wood. It is a piece of wood from the economy bin that we turned into a stock. The more we carved into the blank the better it got. This was a good piece of English Walnut from California and it turned out great. The customer wanted an open rose in the forend and grip so Miss Cindy did here majic on this one. My compliments to The Crew for another fine job. Thank you for taking a look and I hope that you enjoy the photos.

Dennis, Cindy & The Crew

dennisdevault_2008_0303282.jpg

dennisdevault_2008_0303283.jpg

dennisdevault_2008_0303284.jpg

dennisdevault_2008_0303285.jpg
  2. bjk1972

bjk1972 Member

I'd love to have that stock on my gun! Very nice. Lets see more of the forend. Nice job on the rose Cindy! Brad
  3. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

Beauuuuuuutiful, Dennis & Cindy.
    Wish Canton was closer.

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL
  4. Jim Bradbury

Jim Bradbury Member

Dennis,

Great job. From the bargin bin ? I think that is a very nice looking piece of wood. Looking forward to meeting you at the PITA Grand Pacific.

And Gene you wish Canton was closer! How do you think we feel out here in the Seattle area?

Dennis thanks for sharing this with us. Your team always puts out a very good looking product.

Jim Bradbury
  5. mette56

mette56 Active Member

Cindy...WOW!

Crew...another outstanding job!

Dennis...is that fat thumb yours? Thought you lost weight...:)

milt...:)
  6. Dennis DeVault

Hey Milt,

No matter how much the weight loss those tree trunk fingers never go away and yes that is my thumb but the photos ads about 20 lbs you know. Thank you Ron, glad to see you made it back safe and sound I hope you shoot well this summer.

Dennis DeVault
  7. dhip

dhip Active Member

beautifull!!

Now the stupid question.I just get enamored when I see work like this,but have always wondered,how does one ship the gun to the desired place of workmanship.Do you put it in a regular gun case and wrap it,find a cardboard box that the gun fits in and wrap it?Put it in a locking gun case,wrap it then e-mail combination to person who receives it?What's the best way other than personal delivery to get a gun to someone like DeVault Industries or other gun related businesses?

Sorry for the stupid question,but I forsee myself sooner or later looking to do something like this.

Doug H.
  8. Dennis DeVault

Doug,

Many of our customer ship the gun ahead of their arrival so they do not have to fly with the guns. They are shipped by UPS, Fed-X or USPS. They heve to be shipped in a plain cardboard box with no indication on the outside of the box as to what is inside. If it is a combination lock they just e-mail the combination to us. If it a key lock they usually mail us the key. Hope that this will help and remember when shipping the gun do not go to a UPS or Fed-X store you have to take the package to the terminal or call for a pick-up.

Dennis DeVault
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.