1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

kolar clamp-on weight specs?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by skeet_man, May 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

I'm getting a new kolar, and would like to make myself a clamp-on barrel weight like the one kolar sells. I know I can just buy one, but i'd like to make one myself just so I can say I did it. Does anyone have one they can take measurements for me from?

I need the following measurements:

-Length, width, and height

-Diameter of hole in the center

-Thickness b/w the bottom of the hole and the bottom of the weight

-Measurement of the space @ the top of the weight where it goes around the barrels (this will be less than the diameter of the hole, i need this to determine how much of a "lip" to leave to hold the weight on the barrel properly).

-Overall Weight

Would appreciate all measurements as accurately as possible so i can make it accurately on the 1st try.

Also, i'm guessing the screw is 10/32, but if you know that as well it would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

2. shoot em all

shoot em all Member

I have one I could loan you to use as a pattern. Cost of shipping both ways is all it would cost. Assuming I can trust someone with name of skeet man. A name and e mail address would help. Jim W.

3. skeet_man

Jim- Thanks, I would really appreciate it, and of course i would cover shipping both ways. Drop me an email so you can get my address and I yours.

Thanks a bunch!

Ian Smingler

kolarskeet@gmail.com

4. chipking

chipking TS Member

Jim
    I have dealt with Ian before he is a straight up guy. I have and would trust him again.
    --- Chip King ---

5. skeet_man

hahaha, thanks for the kind words guys!

6. dubois

dubois Member

I have two Kolar clamp-on barrel weights for sale. Contact me if interested.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.