1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Kolar Choke question

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by 686beretta, Sep 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 686beretta

686beretta TS Member

Hello everyone! I have a question, I recently started shooting a Kolar TS and I LOVE it like a fat kid loves cake. Anyway I have been shooting the .025 choke for both 16's and handicap. I am at the 23.5 I was wondering if I use a "handicap" shell such as Nitro 27 paper Federal's etc. Will the extra power on these shells "blow" the pattern as opposed to the regular 1200 fps shells. I am just wondering and thanks guys!

2. Joe Woods

Joe Woods Well-Known Member

I recently started shooting a Kolar T/S with .740 bore. It came with 3 choke tubes LM , M & LF. What are there dimensions. I think this is a beautiful gun. My ability to shoot it leaves a little bit to be desired. I suppose shooting one gun since 1978 has something to do with it.

Joe Woods/Ontario

3. ec90t

ec90t Guest

There isn't an ATA legal shell fast enough to blow the pattern. You would have to have something in the excess 1400 fps to start causing a pattern problem.

The .025 (IM) will brek targets hard all the way back to the 27!

ec90t

4. Bill60

Bill60 TS Member

actually a nitro 27 load is a tighter patterning load than some of the cheaper 1200 fps loads the only one i know that patterns close to the same it the federal top gun loads but at 23.5 my personal opinon is that the 1200 fps loads are fine for you right now i didnt start shooting nitros till i hit the 26 but to each his own ive seen people shoot nitros for 16yd and do fine. u dont have to listen to me after all im only 16 and have been shooting for 2 years everybody else never listens to me cuz im a kid but i got back there somehow

Steven

5. trapshooter1981682

trapshooter1981682 TS Member

Kolar's pattern seems to be a little tighter than other trapsguns i have shot in the past, i put an IM in mine for caps with 3dr Top Guns and it just smoke balls the targets.

6. 686beretta

686beretta TS Member

7. Texshooter

Texshooter Member

I took a Kolar choked at .025 (M)and placed in the GAH from the 23 with Remington Nitro 8's. It was pretty neat to own the leader board most of the day (blew the shootoff). Came back 4 years later and did it again with an Alfermann choked .039 and AA Handicap loads. Both can get you there. It's the 25 yard line that I had problems with. AJ

8. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Texshooter,

Were you shooting a M(.020) or IM (.025)? There is a bit of a difference between the two!

ec90t

9. Texshooter

Texshooter Member

I think Mod, I chipped 99 of them that year, last year I made 99 sootballs; different choke, same result. AJ

10. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Tex',

That's some pretty fine shootin' reguardless of the choke! As a buddy of mine often tells me, "We ain't grading 'em!".

ec90t

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.