1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Kolar, Blaser, Perazzi. Which one?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by tswilliams2, Jul 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tswilliams2

tswilliams2 TS Member

If you were buying at the Grand which would it be, and why?

2. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

West of Mississippi: Perrazi
    East of Mississippi: Kolar

Blaser: If gun works best for you.

3. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

What about if you live north of the Mason Dixon Line??? Break em all Jeff

4. dave-320c

dave-320c Well-Known Member

5. keqwow

keqwow TS Member

Kolar...personally....Perazzi second....I wouldn't even consider the Blaser in the same league as the other two. Just my opinion.

6. GW22

GW22 Active Member

LOL, no kidding.

-Gary

7. OldGoat

OldGoat Well-Known Member

If I didn't already own a Perazzi, I would choose Kolar first then Perazzi. Be sure to get a demo try with a Kolar...very impressive gun and outstanding service reputation. Perazzi is a very, very close second - primarily based on the "prestige" factor reflected in the cost. Best Regards, Ed

8. mallard2

mallard2 Active Member

9. mallard2

mallard2 Active Member

Friend just bought Blaser. Doubles on him frequently.

10. Avaldes

Avaldes Well-Known Member

Ford, Chevy or Dodge? Depends on which one your dad and grandpa owned.

Pick up all of them and you decide.

11. bigben

bigben Active Member

Ts, many of the posters here will give opinions, some based on experience, some on heresay, my experience, and I am blessed to own them all, and shoot them all including k-80 Blaser and Seitz, is for you to shoot and evaluate what is best for YOU! each and every gun of quality will show you what you and only you sees in a gun, it is your money, in these times, spend it well!

12. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

In my opinion it is a toss up between Blaser, Caesar Guerini, Silver Seitz.

Silver Seitz for Hdcp and others for both Hdcp and Doubles all w/release triggers.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

13. keqwow

keqwow TS Member

Like BigBen mentioned...it really comes down to which one feels best to you. I picked up All of the above guns (except for a Seitz) and compared them on the same day, side-by-side. Fit, feel, balance, and build quality, in my opinion, came down to Kolar, K-80, and Perazzi. Between those three...it was really just a matter of personal opinion. I personally liked the Kolar the best, but I am sure I would have been happy with any of the three of those guns. The Kolar just seemed to have nicer balance (FOR ME), and I liked the solid feel and high quality build. I also liked the reviews I had read on customer service and the fact that it is a US company. At these price points though, it will really come down to personal opinion on what fits YOU best.

14. C-Money

C-Money Member

All I can say is I am VERY happy with Perrazi. My second choice would be a Mach One. Kolar seems to be a great choice as well.

15. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Whatever Rhode was shooting.

16. guinner16

guinner16 TS Member

I really do like my Blaser. I had a terrible customer service experience with them, but I do love the gun itself. I'm a new shooter, and I am working on consistant gun mounts every single time. When I mount my Blaser, it just melts into my shoulder, and I know it will be a dead target before calling for the bird. When I dont mount it correctly I can tell. The only problem is I am to impatient to pull the gun down and remount. LOST! Now the downfall of the gun, is its greatest attributes. Adjustability. I have all this adjustability, but don't know enough to make it benefit me. I really need to get to a gunfitter to help me with these things, and I could probably learn a ton about setting the gun up.

17. Barkingspider21

Barkingspider21 Member

North, South, East, or West, it makes no difference what so ever. Just get a good Browning XT Trap and back it up with a BT99 , (grade III if you prefer) with a 34 inch barrel and go out and shoot. "IT'S THE SHOOTER NOT THE GUN" I have seen shooters run 100 straight with a Model 12, a Remington 870 cheapo walmart special. I shoot the XT and the Bt99, have not run 100 yet but have had several 98 and a couple 99 in my 2 years of ATA shooting. So just get a good trap gun and go to it. Woody Sullivan

18. Baber

Baber TS Member

Really depends on what you are shooting. If its ATA trap then one of the ponderous heavy blunder buss like Kolars, or Silver Seitz would be ok. If you are shooting American Skeet then a K80 is great but if you shooting the demanding Olympic sports and you want great pointability the Perazzi is the only way to go. its too early to tell if the Blaser will stand the test of time and the CG is not in the same league.

Tom

19. Catching Chrome

Catching Chrome Member

I wouldn't trade my CG for anything!

20. GrandpasArms

GrandpasArms Active Member

One the great things about the vendors at the Grand is that they allow (actually encourage) you to try their guns at a real trap field. They even supplied ammo in the past and I suspect they'll do so again this year. I didn't buy right away and nobody seemed to mind. I evaluated a good number and I have my field narrowed after just two days of trying guns. I have some cash accumulated by now and I'm hoping to make a 3 day road trip again to see if I can decide.

Larry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

blaser vs kolar

kolar ts review

perazzi or kolar

perazzi tm-1 special vs kolar ts
perazzi vs kolar