1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Kolar barrels to hvy?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by bjk1972, Mar 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bjk1972

bjk1972 Member

I was on phone with Kolar today inquiring about a used O/U trap gun I'm kicking around.I was cautioned that the .740 32" o/u bbl were very heavy hence the change to the .750 bore.I would primarily use the gun for doubles and some singles.I'm just wondering if others have found this to be true?Can there be that much difference from the .750 bbls?BTW the people at Kolar are super helpful and very willing to answer my questions.

2. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

That was the main reason I now shoot a Krieghoff is my Kolar was to heavy. I don't know if it was the barrel but the whole gun was to heavy for my liking.

3. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

Do you guys have an overall weight of these Kolars?. Krieghoff Trap guns are advertised as 8 3/4lbs. Dave T.

4. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

Briley can lighten the heavy tubes by backboring. The results are favorable for most.
    Joe

5. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

The diff b/w .740 and .750 bore on a 32" bbl should be pretty close to 3oz, assuming the same rib type.

6. K005

K005 Member

The Kolar o/u with 32 inch 0.740 bore does seem heavier than my 3200 with 30 inch barrels. But, I weighed just the barrels: Kolar 32" bbl. 0.740 bore (with choke tubes): = 4 lbs 0 oz; the Remington 3200, 30" barrels = 4 lb 5 oz. Hard to believe.

Bob K.

7. kolarkim

kolarkim Member

I had my 740s bored to 755 years ago made a world of difference it amazes me how much 3 or 4 oz make (long before kolar did)

8. scott calhoun

scott calhoun Well-Known Member

I have Kolar combo TC model, not the newer TA model. .740 bores with choke tubes.

With the O/U the gun weighs 10 pounds. I have a custom stock and it's a bit larger than standard, so it might weight a bit more than a gun with a standard stock.

Scott

9. Gapper

Gapper TS Member

After hearing tales of how kolars were too heavy, I was amazed at how lively a .740 felt compared to my cherished 30" MX-8 or my K-32. There is a lot a BS out there. Try one for yourself, you might be surprised. Regards, GAP.

10. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

FYI, I have not heard of any Kolar barrels blowing up. I can't say that about the other. Remember that when you place one of your reloads in your K gun. Oh, Thats right Krieghoff will void the warrenty if you use reloads in their guns. I wonder why. Break-em all. Jeff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.