1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

kolar advice

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by JONNY D, Sep 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JONNY D

JONNY D TS Member

thinking of buying a kolar been shoting a k80 for 20+ years want a change no one realy shoots one here in western australia but there are two as new trap guns for sale will it last is it reliable what are its faults,i whould like to here some info from long time users that are not in love with the dream of a new gun.

2. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

I've been shooting a kolar since 03. Never had any major problems. Love the dynamics of the gun (I shoot a 30" skeet gun). The only issue I can see is being in australia, you may have difficulty getting parts or service. Contact Glenn @ http://www.650straightskeet.com.au/index.php, he seems to be the closest your going to find to a dealer for kolar in your country.

3. JONNY D

JONNY D TS Member

yes i know glenn hes 3000ks away and 2hs time diff,i use the same gun for trap skeet and sporting so it will get a lot of use, to get a k80 fixed is no easy task here ether but they dont stop a!!

4. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

Every mechanical thing will eventually need parts/service. That being said, I have only needed service once in about 8 years and that was on the release trigger. I sent just the trigger to the factory and they upgraded it to the new trigger components and returned it within a week.

These guns need very little service. They are very strong and very well desined.

5. zarathrusta

zarathrusta TS Member

If you ever need parts or service you will thank God you bought a Kolar.

6. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Einstein was not a gunsmith.. and no gunsmith is a Einstein.. To keep your firearm in tip top shape is not rocket science.. I find the Perazzi and Kolar easy to work on.. The Krieghoff.. to me is the hardest one to repair..

7. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

I live in Canada and getting firearms out of and into the USA is usually more difficult than other developed countries. There is a process and if you follow that process there will not be any issues. Factory service and the people there are great to deal with.

I love shooting my Kolar and IMHO there is not a finer shotgun available for the clay target shooter. They are heavy and some people struggle with them because of that. Make sure you shoot one before you buy one.

I've had the .740 bore and now have the .750 bore, which I prefer.

Keith Spranger at Kolar told me that the main thing to do is to drop the hammers and release the top lever, so there is no tension on the related springs. Bill Malcolm

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.