1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Kolar AAA Tubes

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Todd1, Jul 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Todd1

Todd1 TS Member

I have a Browning Citori Grade 7 12 gauge with 28'barrels. I want to get a set of AAA 28 gauge tubes for skeet shooting. Will I have to send the gun to Kolar to have them fitted or not? Thanks, Todd

2. amboy49

amboy49 Well-Known Member

3. brucestorey

brucestorey Member

Yes. You will send the whole gun -- not just the barrels.

Bruce

4. amboy49

You really need to make a decision re: how and how much you will use these tubes.

If you're a casual shooter and just want to shoot the 28 ga out of a 12 ga gun on occasion - look into the Briley Companion tubes. These can be purchased for your gun without having to have them "fit" to you gun. I think the Briley Companion tubes are about $400 - but check their website for the pricing.

If you plan to shoot registered skeet then you really should get the fitted tubes - but I would assume you are not as you would most likely be shooting all of the sub gauge events not just one. I am assuming you like the low recoil of the 28 but don't want to move all the way down to the .410 bore with its attendant reduction in shot and less dense pattern/diameter.

Thereafter, either Briley or Kolar will provide custom fit sub guage tubes - and each manufacturer can provide specific additional amenities including fixed or screw on chokes, ultra light tubes,rifling and others. You can check out each web site to learn about what each manufacturer offers.

The last time I checked buying just one set of sub guage tubes i.e. just the 28 ga. was not very cost effecient. You could buy the full three ga. tube set for more money - but actually cheaper on a pro-rated basis.

Casual one small gauge shooter - get the Briley Companion.

Registered shooter - get the Briley or Kolar fitted.

5. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

briley companion may or may not work with a 28 guage in a browning citori

if it doesnt you will have to send the gun in for trigger conversion

Gene

6. amboy49

What G7777777 is talking about is the fact that Browning guns have inertia triggers. In order for the trigger to "reset" there must be sufficient recoil from the first barrel firing to then cause the trigger to reset for the second shot.

Some folks have experienced low recoil when shooting the .410 bore and the trigger doesn't reset to enable the second barrel to be fired.

I had this problem with a Grade VI Citori when shooting the .410 tubes - I had a friend of mine convert the triggers to mechanical triggers. Don't ask me what he did - but he said it was a relatively simple process.

I would seriously doubt you would have any trouble with the trigger "reseting" when shooting the 28 guage - I experienced none shooting thousands of rounds of new shells and reloads.

I checked out the Briley website and was reminded they also make a "Sidekick" tube which is only about 8-10 inches long. Although they are not "full length" they will enable you to shoot the smaller guage shells in a 12 ga. gun. I had some Sidekick 20 ga tubes in a Krieghoff that I acquired a couple of years ago. They will break targets - I ran a couple of straights with them but wouldn't advise using them for any extensive shooting - nor if purchased take them in and out with much regularity. The plastic button has a tendency to wear which can result in extractor problems and poor fit within the barrels.

Again, check out the Briley website for more info.

7. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

The Browning Citori models will fire and reset the trigger for the 28 ga. tubes no problem, the problem is in the 410 as said above. I think that they just replace a spring or something very simple. They do have to open up the gun and remove the stock. So I had Briley give my gun a annual at the same time for a reduced cost since the gun was apart anyway. Briley will need the whole gun for just the companion tubes as well (for trigger job and Barrel chambers too), I was told and the cost is the same within a few cents so it was a no brainer to get the fitted tubes. Better all around. As far as Briley and Kolar goes, I'll let you make that choice!!! I love my Briley Ultra Ulralights with strait rifleing down all 6 sets of tubes!!! Does Kolar do that??? Good Luck and Break-em all. Jeff

8. sean justice

sean justice TS Member

i only sent my k80 barrels to briley not whole gun. for fitted tubes.

9. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Sean, your K80 already has mechanical triggers in them. No need to do trigger work on the gun itself. Not all guns are same. He is asking about the Browning Citori. Break-em all. Jeff

10. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

Go wth companions and ask if they have any used sets. Jeff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
kolar aaa guage tubes

kolar aaa tubes

kolar small guage tubes

kolar tubes