1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Kolar & 90-T...Anybody know similar history ??

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by CW638YORK, Sep 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CW638YORK

CW638YORK Member

Looking for some help....I was at my local shop and they suggested purchasing a
    used Remington 90-T ( mint cond. ) Heres my question...The salesman behind the counter said it was built by Kolar and it is virtually the same action as Kolar.
    Is this true? As far as Trap & sporting arms, the guy seems to know his stuff. This seems too good to be true. Anyone know whats what ??

Thanks a lot, thanks for your time.

Chris

cw1911a1@aol.com

2. pendennis

pendennis Well-Known Member

Chris, the 90T was built by Kolar for Remington. I used to own one. They are well-built, and are superb guns. Repair parts are an issue, since they are no longer in production, but they're built like tanks, and heavy. They weigh in at around 10 pounds, which makes them ideal for long sessions.

Dennis

3. CW638YORK

CW638YORK Member

Dennis,

Thanks for the info. Would you recommend purchasing if price was @ $1500 ?
    The gun is mint and I cant see any wear at all or signs of being used. As far as parts, does Kolar offer any assistance?

Thanks again,

Chris

4. pendennis

pendennis Well-Known Member

If the gun is mint, then $1,500 is a good price. They currently run from about $1,700, upward to about $3,000, depending on whether it's a high or low rib, stock, etc.

Kolar does not have any parts, and can't/won't provide any information. I got the manufacturing year for mine from Remington, but they don't have any real details.

There's a fellow on this site, Doug Braker, who knows more about them than anyone else. He worked for Kolar, and stil repairs them. He goes by GunDr here.

Hope this helps.

Dennis

5. CW638YORK

CW638YORK Member

Dennis,

Thanks ! you have been helpful.

Chris

6. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

You got the facts Jack!

Jay

7. seaone

seaone TS Member

Chris,
    You don't mention how long you've been shooting trap. Coincidently, I got my 90T back from Doug Braker today. He did all the upgrades which in my mind makes the gun indestructible. When I put the gun together, it was like a brand new gun. I'm very impressed with the workmanship, and I went to Doug because of all the good advice on this website. For $1500.00, you won't find a better single barrel trapgun, period. They are built like a proverbial tank. One issue, they are very heavy, but that's a good thing when recoil is involved. I also own a KS-5. I don't have a clue why, but I shoot the 90T for handicap and the Kreighoff for singles. I bought my low rib 90T for $1700.00 which included a release trigger. You won't be disappointed, trust me.

Ken Flanagan

8. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Ive gotten parts for my 90T from Kolar before. I second Dr gun He has done my upgrades and Im pleased with his work. Dave

9. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Chris,

Kolar will service the gun without any problems, but Doug Braker is the guru for all things 90T!!!!!

90T's without a doubt are the strongest made trap guns out there. They are built like tanks and pattern great.

ec90t

10. CW638YORK

CW638YORK Member

Wow...you guys have been great! I think I'll pick it up. Seems like a good deal. The only problem is its a low rib w/out an adjustable comb. The good thing is its LNIB 34" w/ fixed full for $1500.

Thanks,

Chris

11. SONO MAN

SONO MAN TS Member

Chris, my 90-T is a low rib and I won couple shoots with it vs guys with K and P guns. Buy it and you will understand why 90-T owners love this gun. BTW, you can always add the adj comb to it. Good luck and enjoy the gun, Peter.

12. spitter

Chris... if you bought it, shot it and did not like it, there'd be an easy market for it...

I'd recommend once you find the feel of the gun to work for you (if you find that)... spend a couple bucks and send it up to Doug Braker anyway for an oiling and springs, plus check the forend iron for updating - this way you know what you have by the 90T expert.

Jay

13. Finprof

Finprof TS Member

Here is another recommendation for Doug Braker. My 90-T broke the fore-end lug off the barrel last Winter. Doug re-attached it, tefloned the barrel after the soldering, did the updates and repalced the springs quickly and reasonably. In contrast, one of the other members of the club sent a BT-99 to Browning for repairs well before I sent my 90-T to Doug and didn't get the BT-99 back for a long time after my 90-T came back.

Doug said that he had never seen another example of the fore-end lug coming loose.

14. N. J. BOB

N. J. BOB Active Member

Go 90-T. I have used Doug,and his work is second to none. I have been shooting my 90-T for about 10 years at a rate of about 10,000 rounds per year, it is still like new....

15. CW638YORK

CW638YORK Member

Hi all...I purchased the 90-T today @ 6pm. I hope it shoots as good as it looks! Thanks to all for their input. As far as upgrades...it has none. It is a fixed full choke 34" with ported barrel and a non-adj. comb. I am looking forward to shooting it ! I will try to post pics of it.

Thanks again for all your help out there !

Chris from NY

16. $$90-T$$

$$90-T$$ Member

Example of Doug's work.

17. CW638YORK

CW638YORK Member

Does anyone know when my 90-T was made? Serial# ST03088

Thanks,

Chris

18. spitter

Later... they made @3500 pcs. If you didn't get and would like an original 90T manual, go to the Remington website.

Their site offers basic information on the 90T as well the ability to order manuals for guns out of production...

FYI,

Jay

19. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

From the Remington web site (let's see how this copy and paste works). Bill Malcolm

Firearm Model History

Model 90-T

Description: Single-barrel Trap gun
    Introduction Year: 1991
    Year Discontinued: 1997
    Total Production: Information not available
    Designer/Inventor: U.S. Competition Arms
    Action Type: Break open mono-block system
    Caliber/Gauge: 12 gauge
    Serial Number Blocks: Serial numbers were preceded by "ST"
    Serial number blocks not available
    # of Grades Offered: Standard grade
    Custom made and adjustable comb stocks were available on special order
    Variations: 90-T HPAR – High Post Adjustable Rib

20. spitter

There you go - nice copy and paste job! (hmmm... if I only could figure out how to do that myself!)

Jay

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

90 t remington serial number history for kolar

is a 90-t and koler

kolar 90-t

kolar 90t gun history

kolar remington 90st trap uns

remington 90-t vs kohler

remington 90t history