1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Kolar 30" vs 34" O/U Barrels @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Otter, May 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Otter

Otter TS Member

Kolar 30

I see lots of Kolar Trap Combos come standard with 30" O/U barrels instead of 34" like Parazzi and K80's do. Does anyone know why and what are the shooting effects of using the shorter 30" barrels on trap doubles ?

Thanks,

Luxor

2. Otter

Otter TS Member

Kolar 30

up

3. spritc

spritc Active Member

Kolar 30

Kolar trap combos come with either 30" or 32" O/U barrels. I personally prefer the 30" O/U for doubles. It does everything it's suppose to do if I do my job.
    I would think 34" O/U would be somewhat cumbersome to swing.

Steve

4. bobby ward

bobby ward Member

Kolar 30

Luxor,

This is strictly a personal preference when you start asking what barrel length is best. Personally, I do not like 30" barrels on ANY gun. Kolar has over the past several years, started offering their barrels with .750 bores and the difference in weight might be slight, but the handling characteristics are amazing. My set of 32" .750 handles and points better than the 30" .740 bores and they just seem to float to the target. The only thing I like better are the .750 bore 34" barrels on my Sporting Clays gun. Your mileage and that of about everyone may differ...

5. Otter

Otter TS Member

Kolar 30

good input

6. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

Kolar 30

I have been shooting a Kolar combo .740 bore 34/30 for 4 years and really like it alot.(heavy 10.5lbs) Just bought a Kolar combo .750 bore 34/32 and absolutley love the 32" O/U barrels. They move like nothing else I've handled. They just glide. The 34" unsingle is too light and I'm going to have to add some weight to it to slow them down...they move like race barrels. Never pass up a chance to shoot one of these. You'll be impressed.
    Dave

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.