1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Koch Range Omaha

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by D. Ryder, May 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. D. Ryder

D. Ryder TS Member

Good grief! What is happening at the Koch range?! First the new guy raised a round of shooting by $1.00 ~ then he DOUBLED the price for the discount card, AND we have to pull for ourselves (and have NO score sheet). MORE MONEY, LESS SERVICE!

All he does is sit in his office while 'volunteers' do what HE is supposed to be doing!

He emails shooters and asks everyone to bring a food dish for the shoots, he allows the Lincoln gun club to bring several trap machines and phono pulls to Koch for the high school shoot, and he has someone else fixing trap and skeet machines because he has NO idea how to do it.

This man is NOT complying with his new contract! He was supposed to have provided new equipment, put in a FULL kitchen, a Pro-shop, and make a full range of improvements.

This is a case of "Be careful what you ask for".

Hope PL and JS are happy with themselves!!

2. J.D. Squire

J.D. Squire Member

I have to strongly disagree with you! Steve has done a good job of keeping the place up, why don't you ask him all the expenses he has to pay before he can even see profit! It's about twice as much as Gill did! Steve had Lincoln bring traps down so he could run 10 feilds for the high school shoots. Maybe you caught him at an off day or something, but he fixes mostly all the traps himself or has Ben do it. Confront the man about it, instead of bringing around here!

J.D.

3. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Save your dirty underwear for someone who is interested.

HM

4. Doug Brown

Doug Brown Well-Known Member

They had a shoot there last weekend. Lots of AA shooters shot their lowest scores ever. You decide what happened?

5. J.D. Squire

J.D. Squire Member

Did you notice the weather, it was cold, dark and raining most of the day.

6. Doug Brown

Doug Brown Well-Known Member

A "AA" skeetie told me, it's hard to hit a knuckle-ball.

7. J.D. Squire

J.D. Squire Member

You know last tuesday me and a friend were talking about Mr. Nuss and his range at leagues, we were talking about how much we liked Koch now and that Mr. Nuss was doing a good job. My friend Steve R. was telling me how Mr. Nuss let him have his wedding reception down and Koch and didn't charge him anyhting. Mr. Nuss is a good guy in my opinion and if you have that big a problem with him then go talk to him in person instead of talking about it here where you know dang well Mr. Nuss won't see it.

J.D.

8. Titan Trap Team

Titan Trap Team Member

Interesting comments from a person who does not even sign his post. I personally know J D Squire and he is a Trap Shooter. In my opinion Steve is trying and has a up hill battle to get over what Gill had done not only to the Skeet shooters and Trap Shooters. His ATA events were the worst run events that I had ever been too. I still believe we need to give Steve a chance at straighting out the mess he walked into. Mark R.

9. dwmiller

dwmiller TS Member

Mr. or Mrs.____________

You must not be around many ranges in Eastern Nebraska if you call JD a skeet shooter. Anyone that shoots around hear knows who he is. And as Mark said, I think Steve walked into a no win situation and a up hill battle. Their are a few things that some think Steve could do differant. But it is his to loose.
    I got along great with Gil but most didn't. I have no problem with Steve. But I think his less service and more cost will kill him. When it comes to Trap shooters and Skeet shooters they want a range that has a blue back ground, no wind ever, nickel targets, a puller with Cobra like reflexes and doesn't know the word lost, and the best homemade pie in six states. And to add to that Skeet Shooters want to be able to see a pair at every post how can you win. With the city taking a large part of the ticket his hands are tied. I think with the city running the game anyone will have a tough time, Skeeter or Trapper.
    The thing that most should worry about is what will happen to Koch if Steve does leave. What is the future of public shooting in Omaha. Were will the Dad that wants to show his son how to shoot before their first hunting trip go. In stead of being part of the problem help with the cure.

10. J.D. Squire

J.D. Squire Member

Ahahaha Mr. Miller and Mr. Richards lets get this straight guys I'm a sporting clays shooter!ahahah See you Sunday Mr. Miller!

11. nailer123

nailer123 TS Member

jd if you are the world greatest trap shooter why can a red head girl beat you.Kirk or to you elles dad

12. J.D. Squire

J.D. Squire Member

ahah what can i say i just haven't reached steph's level yet.

13. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Times change

Prices go up

So does pay

Blame China or the labor unions

Blame somebody

Blame the guy at the gas station taking money- tell him that the guy that worked here only last year- charged only half what you do for gas

try that

they will call the cops and take you to the loney farm

maybe if you are going to blame someone- you just may want to look around - and figure out there may be reasons before acting stup**

low scores? could it be 50 MPH winds had something to do with that?

next winter- when the snow is piled 8 feet high- go back to the same gas station guy and complain to him that the guy a year ago- he only had 4 feet of snow on the ground

LOL

Geeez

regards from Iowa

Gene

14. tachyon

tachyon Member

WOW, JD is a skeet shooter, yep yep read it right here on Trapshooters.com. Hey JD since you are now a skeet shooter, can I have your BB gun???? I'm sure I have an 870 around here that I can trade.

dwmiller, I don't care if the background is blue.... green also works for me... "Best pie in a six state area"... hard to do that since for my money Harlan Iowa has that crown wrapped up. Glad you did not mention the best grill in six states as we all know your "Biggasgrill" has that title hands down.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

koch skeet range leagues

koch trap range in omaha