1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Kmart Cheap Ammo

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 9point3, Jan 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 9point3

9point3 Well-Known Member

Just picked up some Win AAs 1 1/8oz 2 3/4 Drm for $4.99 Got myself 2 flats

2. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Wish we still had K Marts in Texas, I think they have all pulled out

3. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Whaaaaaaaaat? Real AAs, not SuperTargets? Why didn't you buy every flat they had? Or did you?

-Gary

4. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Only local kmart that still had ammo closed it out a few months ago. Their closeout price was still much higher than I could buy it anywhere else.

They had a big sign, 20% off all clearance ammo. The prices on the shelf were not good, but with the 20% off, they would have been slightly cheaper than my regular supplier. So I loaded up the cart with 3-4 flats worth of shells and proceeded to the checkout. Turns out the 20% off was already built into the shelf price, so it really wasn't 20% off all clearance ammo, it was 20% off all ammo, which made it clearance. Walked out leaving a cart full of ammo next to the checkout line.

I did get a pretty good score on Kmart ammo back in 2008, they had Winchester Super X on sale for $3.29/box. Ended up with 4-5 flats, buying out every Kmart within reasonable driving distance.

5. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Toledo quit selling.

6. GW22

GW22 Active Member

OK, I called two local K-Marts just for a laugh. One guy just chuckled and said, "$4.99? Uh, no." The guy at the other location said, "When we have them on sale they are usually $7.34." I asked how often do you have those sales to which he replied, "Once in a while, but it doesn't matter because we usually don't have any when they run the sale anyway." LOL, at least he was honest.

BTW, the first guy said "K-Mart is doing away with ammo because of all the gun violence and stuff." So apparently 9point3 got a killer close-out deal.

-Gary

7. coveybuster

coveybuster Member

Kmart got out of the ammo business about 3 or 4 years ago here.

They had AA's $2.50 to $3.00 a box.

I bought every box of 12 & 20ga within 100 miles of my house.

The 12 ga are all gone, but I have 20's for the next decade

8. Hammer1

Hammer1 Active Member

Where's the cheap 16 gauge ammo ?

9. NJCOP

NJCOP TS Member

Where's the cheap 16 gauge ammo ?

Ah ha ha! That's funny. If you find any let me know! I can't even get 16ga buck locally.

10. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Once I went to K-Mart to help a friend buying some patio table and chairs, wondering around the sporting department and saw two clarks working on new ammo prices for clearing them out, Federal and Winchester rifle ammo 7.62x39 mm was $1.97 a box. 75% off regular price.

11. 391 shooter

391 shooter Well-Known Member

I'm guessing they were priced wrong. JMHO

Good buy on your part.

12. captin_hook

captin_hook TS Member

I just got home from k mart. I cleaned out their AA 12 ga shells at 4.85$ a box! I had them check surrounding stores to see if they had more. They were all out, I would've bought em all. Thanks for the heads up fellas.

13. Rebel Sympathy

Rebel Sympathy Well-Known Member

I would not have left the cart at the check-out line. I'd have put the ammo back. but, that's just what I do to try to make a nicer world.......

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.