1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

KISS

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Bisi, Jul 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Just got through watching "Jay Leno" and the band "KISS" was performing on the show. Well anyway I watched it. I'm just trying to figure out which is more pathetic. Old guys in their 50s and 60s dress up like cats or some clown (me) swilling beer and watching em. In 1975 it was cool, now I don't know. Whatever it is we are both doing the same thing we did 35 years ago. Which is sadder. I'm guessing me, because at least KISS can say they are getting paid for it.

2. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

Bisi"

You may have also noticed the smoking hot ladies from 1975 have developed about 35 years worth of wrinkles.

sissy : )

3. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

KISS is without doubt the most over rated Rock band of all time. They had SUPER-STAR management that made them what they are. They could barely even play their own instruments to boot.

4. kgun_shooter

kgun_shooter Member

I have to agree, they lack talent! Can't stand Gene Simmons, they even made a show about him and his pathetic family.

5. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Both ZZ Top and the Rolling Stones have been able to withstand the years much better.

HM

6. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

It must be a matter of taste. I never thought ZZ top had much other than a few guitar riffs going or them either. Now Van Halen, there's a rock band with talent.

7. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

I would have bet most anything that Tron was a member of the KISS' Army back in the 70s.

8. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

Well, the funny thing is, I had the program on and wanted to see KISS. I fell asleep and slept through the whole deal. That is really old age. CRAP. LMOA

JON

9. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

What they lack in talent they more than made up for in marketing. Nevertheless, I like some of their songs.

Can anybody photoshop a picture of Tron with him wearing the brown plaid shoes and a KISS concert shirt? LOL

John

10. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

If it aint old time country or Bluegrass it aint cool

11. 22hornet

22hornet Well-Known Member

I never liked them. 3 chords, badly played; stupid lyrics ( I wanna rock and roll all night and party everrry day...sheesh). They gotta wear a bunch of silly costumes and have stuff like spitting blood and pyrotechnics to cover up for lousy music. I must say, they got rich doing it, though.

12. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

I fell in that trap as well. I saw them in concert and they were great. They had the best show I ever saw during that time frame period. Yes were music was only good at best, but its was easy to put one over on us younger kids. You also have to remember that there was a big mystery surrounding who all the players were and that added all the more to the hype. So you had to go see them once right. I don't care to see any of them anymore because the one thing I have learned in life is that you can't go back. I was close enough to the stage to catch a shirt thrown during the concert. Those were fun days, no worries, no responceableities, just trying to have fun. Break-em all. Jeff

13. FalconSprint

FalconSprint TS Member

"C'mon and Love Me" If that don't get ya going, your already dead.

14. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

22hornet, you ever hear the "Electric Amish" verison of the song you quoted? Their's goes like this (I want to dress in black and white and work hard all day).

KISS was one of those 70s big arena show bands that you just had to see, if you could score the tickets. It was more about the show than the music. The late 60s was anti war music played by hippies who took themselves too seriously. Then along came KISS, who could play maybe 3 chords and they just wanted to party all night, and blow things up while doing it. Think about it, they had everything a teenager or a guy in his early 20s could want; fireworks, guitars, loud music, partying, good looking girls, all at their show. No wonder we ate it up.

Kinda feels like the 70s again doesn't it? Got a bad president then as we do now, unemployed friends then as now, Hot cars then were Mustangs, Camaros, Challengers and now - dam those cars are back and look the same.

For me things have seemed to come full circle. 35 years ago I was ridin around in a car with friends drinking beer and listening to KISS, and trying to figure out what I was going to do with my life. Today I'm on the verge of closing my business of 30 years, the only thing that is stopping me is I don't know what to do with the rest of my life, just like 35 years ago. Lately I started hanging with high school friends from almost 40 years ago. Ran into 1 guy at the car wash, he manages it and gave me a free wash. Told me about another old school mate who delivers pizza for "Papa Johns" and we got together with him at the pool hall. The pool hall? WTH?? Hadn't bee in 1 of those since 1975. It's wierd - we're getting the same jobs we had in high school. These were successful guys you had good/great jobs and they went away and now back to high school. I guess I'll be guy who ends up at the McDonalds, we need one of them. Come in and order 1 burger and I'll stuff the bag with 5 of em, just like our buddy did in 75.

That is why it was so wierd seeing KISS on tv the other night. There I was drinking beer late at night listening to KISS just like 1973.

It has been one hell of a ride.

15. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

Wish I was making the money they are. 20 or 60 years old I do care.

16. frostyman

frostyman Well-Known Member

I actually enjoy watching the Gene Simmons "family jewels" show. A lot of it is made up but it is a heck of a lot better/funnier than most of the other "reality" crap on TV.

17. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

<a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank"> Kissbaby.jpg </a> What's wrong with KISS !!!!!!

ps... Tron is an old WHO fan.

Jerbear

18. 22hornet

22hornet Well-Known Member

Bisi...I've heard the Electric Amish cover, and it's hilarious.

I actually did go to a KISS concert in '77 @ Johnstown, PA if I remember correctly. My girl and I went in a van full of friends. There were several jars of 'shine, beer and some Mexican weed passing around. By the time we got there, I was ripped. I got sick halfway through the show(moonshine), and I headed to the van with my honey. Everybody said that I had a real good time. Danged if I remember...

19. bobcatv

bobcatv TS Member

I wanna Rock and Roll all night....and party every day!....I wanna Rock and Roll all night....and party every day!!...

Go Kiss...

20. KENENT1

KENENT1 Active Member

I went to a Kiss concert in Dayton in '74 I think it was.

tony

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.