1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Kiss GE goodbye along with obama

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Oscar Ray, Jul 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oscar Ray

Oscar Ray TS Member

Kiss G.E. Good Bye, along with OBAMA

General Electric is planning to move its 115-year-old X-ray division from Waukesha,Wis.to Beijing.

In addition to moving the headquarters,the company will invest $2 billion in China and train more

than 65 engineers and create six research centers. This is the same GE that made $5.1 billion

in the United States last year, but paid no taxes-the same company that employs more people

overseas than it does in the United States.

So let me get this straight. President Obama appointed GE Chairman Jeff Immelt to head his

commission on job creation (job czar). Immelt is supposed to help create jobs. I guess the President

forgot to tell him in which country he was supposed to be creating those jobs. If this doesn't show you

the total lack of leadership of this President, I don't know what does. Please pass this information to

others and think about it before you buy a GE product.

Checked with Snopes: http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/ge..asp

Oscar

2. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

As true as it is, this is old news. GE announced this over 1 year ago.

As an aside, I do not use snopes to check accuracy of anything. The website is reportedly run by 2 very liberal / progressive / whatever tag you wish. The site has been known to post items that, shall we say, don't tell the entire story. My preference is not to rely on any single website for truth. Check several sources, sift through the crud and draw your conclusion.

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

3. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

You have to go where the Money is! and where the government won't regulate you to death!

Simple arithmetic

or the democrats are just protecting their "off shore" accounts!

4. trim tab

trim tab Active Member

Do what you have do to stay in buiness and be competitive. Not going because they think it is fun.

5. Model Number 12

Model Number 12 TS Member

The hypocricy of it all. Obama's latest TV campaign ads warn us of how Mitt Romney has outsourced jobs overseas, yet this seems to be old news.

I avoid buying GE products for this reason.

6. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Truth or Fiction is more reliable than Snopes.

HM

7. crusha

crusha TS Member

You would not believe the sort of internal competition GE runs between their facilities in different countries. They are a smash-mouth corporate player for sure - just ask the people who work for them. I was flabbergasted when one of my customer contacts at GE recently told me she was leaving to take 3 months of "forced" time off...turns out they're making increased use of contract employees, and apparently these annual "breaks" in employment are required to get the company through some kind of permanent employee loophole which I don't much understand (maybe some of you HR experts can fill this gap in my knowledge).

They have facilities all over Smithereens, and every one of the is darn focused on the fact they are competing against each other for business, every bit as much if not more than they compete against other companies.

They are a good company who does a lot of things right, but they are not patriotic or anything resembling it. No company will be, in the very near future.

8. bill1949

bill1949 Well-Known Member

I can hear Odumbass now: "It's Bushes Fault"...Bill

9. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.