1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

KINGSBURG GUN CLUB

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by trapguy909, Apr 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trapguy909

trapguy909 TS Member

I think who ever told you that information was pulling your leg. I heard unless we get a record amount of rain next month the campground is going to be open. A few people said it could rain everyday all the way up to the state shoot and it still wouldn't be enough rain to close the camp ground. We just haven't got enough rain this year to even worry about it. However, if they do rope of the campground I do agree they should charge less for the camping spots. They should even open the boat launch, to make up for last years shoot. I dont know why they close the boat launch off with that stupid tractor, even when the launch was open there were only a couple shooters that launched boats. O well hopefully they will do something special for the campers this year to make up for last years shoot.

2. jimbotrap

jimbotrap TS Member

Personally I hope they do have more spaces available. But even if they do not it is still a great place to shoot. I always park in a sunny area so do not feel affended by partial closures. The membership of the club has always done a great job of having the grounds and equipment, etc. etc. in great shape. Let us be thankful we have such a wonderful place to shoot. - Jim

3. rmngtngrl

rmngtngrl TS Member

Now how would opening up the boat launch make up for Mother Nature?? WOuld you really want all those boats roaring by where all the kids play??,,what you don't remember the accidents of a few years ago..I have said it before...the price we pay for camping at Kingsburg is among the cheapest for the nicest grounds conditions anywhere..we get showers with plenty of hot water...Oh yeah Mike be sure to wear your shower shoes, you get to be close to the venue in which you are participating...why all the bad mouthing on Kingsburg??? I still can not figure this one out...Are you looking for a free year of camping because of something that was totally out of the gun clubs' hands last year due to the weather, and in looking out for the safety of the campers roped off some areas that might have caused damage??...Doubtful that any areas are going to be roped off this year, camping will be great as usual hope everyone has a great time, and if you don't well that is your own fault. I know that no matter what someone will find something to pout about and to them I say stay home, you won't have fun any way.... Kym

4. Vince McNamara

Vince McNamara Member

Maybe we can serve up some cheese to go with the whining.

Vince McNamara

5. bgf

bgf Active Member

What I don't understand is why one would come on here (ts.com) asking for specific info on a shoot at some club instead of calling the club. Oh yea, you talked to some people at the club...was anyone of them involved in the state shoot program? Seems to me that the person to talk to is the manager or BOD president (if it is run by such) and get the straight scoop. Geeeezzzz.

Bernie

6. trapguy909

trapguy909 TS Member

WOW!!!!, I hope she wont be at the state shoot. She sound like a real bitter person. However, I do agree with what she said about the camp grounds being real nice. The only problem I have is if your going to charge a certain price for a service one year and then charge the same price or more the next year at least have the same amenities. If your going to block access to certain parts of the campground at least knock a little off of the price.

7. jimbotrap

jimbotrap TS Member

trapguy - You must understand it costs to maintain the facility throughout the year. When the entire facility is used only one week. The income derived from camping does not pay all the costs of maintenance. But it helps. Again,
    be thankful. They do not owe us anything, we owe them thanks for what they do for us. I personally go down on the date the grounds are opened. I pay for each and every day, but I do not stay there. I usually go back on Tuesday to start shooting. That means I must pay for almost as many days that I do not use the parking space as the one I do. But I do not complain about it, glad to have the place to park and shoot. Always have a great time, even shoot well on occasion.

Vince - I expect you to have a large block of cheddar ready for us upon are arrival. If you are short then take it up with that other Vince. He must have some value. But do say hello for me. - Jim

8. Vince McNamara

Vince McNamara Member

I will do that Jim. Looking forward to seeing you.

Vince

9. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Stateshoot and Trapguy...you could make it a better shoot for all of us by staying away!

10. trapguy909

trapguy909 TS Member

Kingsburg is the nicest place in the United States. I just hope it stays that way, I just wish they could trim the trees a little to insure the safety of the campers and members without having to rope everything off.

11. rmngtngrl

rmngtngrl TS Member

trapguy, I think you misunderstood me,I am not bitter, I am just tired of this guy asking the same question each month..trying to see if he can get anyone to back him on getting lower prices for camping because of ONE year that was unforunatly wet late into the year and for safety reasons the camping sites were limited...big fig!!! One year does not mean it is always going to be that way...Yeah I'll be at the state shoot...be sure to stop by the Trophy Room and say Hi...Kym

P.S. Vince...How did you do in Oregon???

12. trapguy909

trapguy909 TS Member

Ok Kym maybe ill see you there, If I can make it up there this year.

13. Vince McNamara

Vince McNamara Member

Kym
    I did real good. I will see you at Kingsburg May 5th and tell you about it.

Trapguy909
    Our club, Kingsburg, is in Tulare County. The county has severe restrictions on the cutting and pruning of oak trees. It is almost impossible to remove one or to cut one way back.

Vince McNamara

14. trapguy909

trapguy909 TS Member

Vince,
    I heard something about cutting oak trees being against the law. I would think the safety of people would be more important, but I guess if there was no restrictions on cutting oak trees then everybody would abuse them and cut them down. O well I'm sure Kym is right, we didn't get an immense amount of rain this year so we will probably be ok.

15. BretBCO

BretBCO TS Member

Everything should be business as usual this year. The members of the Kingsburg Gun Club work very hard to insure everybody has a safe and enjoyable week. I will not apologize for the unfortunate closings of our campgrounds and beach area last year. My self and the board of directors would rather close all the grounds than have someone get hurt, or worse killed, at one of our events. It is not just a matter of us not maintaining our grounds. We spend a lot of money just maintaining our oak trees and when the arborist says not to let anyone stand under the trees much less camp under them that is what we did. And as for the cost of the camping, show me a better bargain.

Please watch this forum and our website for more information on this years State Shoot. I hope to see everyone in June.

Bret Belknap
    President, Kingsburg Gun Club
    www.kingsburggunclub.org

16. jimbotrap

jimbotrap TS Member

Bret - The efforts of the Kingsburg Gun Club are truly appreciated by the majority of shooters. Thanks again. - Jim Elliott

P. S. Tell Vince C. if he continues to water the concrete sooner or later it may start to grow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.