1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Kingsburg Gun Club

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by RWT, Feb 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RWT

RWT Well-Known Member

It is getting close to time for our spring league. The dates will be posted on our website soon. The signup nite will be Tuesday March 15, for full squads only and will be limited to the first 375 shooters (75 squads). If we do not fill up on that night the second signup will be Tuesday March 22. You should be able to download the signup sheet from our website.
    See you there.
    Robert

2. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

TTT for Bob.

3. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

This will be my first league shoot, looking forward to it.

Bryan

4. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

OK, if I am reading this right, if I am the only one going to shoot and I do not have a full squad I cannot sign up on March 15th?

5. grunt

Word I heard was the parents didnt want to pay the extra money to the CGSTA.So they couldnt shoot on the Assoc traps.

6. jhunts

jhunts Active Member

This is what is posted on the SSSF site.

State: CA California

Start Date: 6/18/2011

End Date: 6/18/2011

Event Name: SCTP California State Trap Championships

Description: 200 singles, all classes: Collegiate, Senior level, Intermediate
    Advanced 100 singles Rookie

Location Address: 2246 Gilbert dr.

Location Address Two: kingsburg Ca. 93631

7. tallengnr

tallengnr TS Member

Northern California SCTP teams have split away from the national SCTP group and have formed their own league. Now there appears to be two separate "youth leagues" in California. As reported in the Trap Times Issue #2, available off of the CGSTA web site (www.cgsta.com), the Kingsburg board voted to stay with the Southern California SCTP league/teams and continue holding their regular SCTP championship weekend-before-the-State-Shoot competition. The northern California teams will have their own state shoot in Stockton.

8. RWT

RWT Well-Known Member

Bryan,
    Yes you sre reading it correctly. If you come out on Tuesdays before the signup night there are always someone there looking for someone to fill their team, so it is usually not a problem finding a team.
    Robert

9. RWT

RWT Well-Known Member

Tom, good to hear from you. I haven't figured out this PM feature yet. Send me an email at the email on the first post and I will get back to you.
    Robert.

10. grunt

Thanks for the update.

11. rmngtngrl

rmngtngrl TS Member

Let me see if I can clear up some things concerning the youth shooting in California .

Once upon a time there was one youth group in california, that was the SCTP. This was a good organization and had a great turn out nation wide. Some states opted to not require registration of shoots while others registered. California was one that did not require registration of shoots trough out the year however at the state SCTP championships registration was required. The national rule was that all participants needed to be a member of both the national governing body( since the SCTP was involved in trap, skeet, and sporting clays this case senerio it meant the ATA), and the state organization affliated with the national governing body, meaning the CGSTA for us here in California

The SCTP championships were held at Kingsburg gun club on the Saturday preceding the California State Shoot. The CGSTA provided trophies for over 8 years to this shoot along with manpower to ref the range and office personel. This whole time the SCTP only required the $5.00 daily fee at this shoot . A few clubs in the state registered shoots and paid fees.. Of this $5.00 , $3.00 comes to the CGSTA and $2.00 goes to the ATA. The monies go toward trophies and such back to the shooters . The CGSTA was essentially providing trophies to the youth shooters in support of these young shooters as had long been our tradtio. And still continues to this day.

Two years back the ATA formed there own youth program called AIM. The CGSTA supported both of these youth programs. We again asked the SCTP to register shoots throughout the year with the same results only two clubs registering shoots throughout the year a d in 2010, the SCTP was not required to register even their state shoot targets... If kids wanted to compete at the national shoot targets needed to be registered. The CGSTA decided to provide the SCTP with the use of the trap machines and voice calls and the personell to ref the shoot and provide office support should any youth need to sign up for the ATA and CGSTA that day.

This year we now have 3 youth groups., the SCTP, AIM and the newly formed YSSA, which seems to be made up of previous SCTP teams from the northern zone of California .

In December a representative from this organization came toa CGSTA board meeting and asked if they could have the date of June 18th for their youth shoot. They informed us that they would not register shoots, that if a kid wanted to register it was up to the kid themselves . At this time the board informed the representative that this was a Kingsburg Gun Club descision and directed him to contact the proper people.

In the meantime the new SCTP representative also was in contact with Kingsburg officials. The new SCTP rep is from southern California . Kingsburg decided to keep the SCTP as the youth group shooting on June 18th. The SCTP director then contacted me and asked if the AIM would like to hold their championship shoot the same day. Since the shoot will be a registered event we agreed.

The resulting rumours are most destressing. The CGSTA supports kids period !!!!! We provide reduced target costs at the state shoot. We are joining the AIM and the SCTP shooters this year. We are not kicking out or ignoring the north. The founders of YSSA decided to go out on their own , on their own. Now they want to make the CGSTA and ATA out as the bad guys. We have had calls to directors asking why we were excluding the north.. Not true... We have reports of kids being told to only shoot PITA and not ATA shoots or any CGSTA events.... Sad...

If ANYONE wants to contact me , I will gladly talk to them about this matter.

Kym Hughes

CGSTA State Secretary

Kymhughes@comcast.net

12. marc92040

marc92040 Member

My name is Marc Billen; I am the new Trap director for CASCTP and the state advisor for SCTP. Just a little about me, I like many others through out the state am a volunteer for the youth shooting sports. I am a level 2 NRA/USA Shooting / CMP shotgun coach. I coach youth shooters some as young a 9 years old who are already shooting ATA regularly. Being located in San Diego we all travel regularly to ranges through out southern California once or twice a month so they can shoot registered ATA targets. I do this because I love this sport and want to see it grow. There is nothing greater than seeing a kid hit their first bird, shoot their personal highest score or first 25. For me it’s all about growing the sport for the kids, they are the future of this sport.

There has been a lot of talk that the north is a separate group from the south, this is not correct. CASCTP / SCTP is a statewide (north, central and south) organization with only one goal, to promote and develop youth shooting in the state. CYSSA is a separate group that also promotes youth shooting, unfortunately is not part of SCTP and does not promote ATA / CGSTA registered targets. There are some clubs / teams in northern California that have chosen to join CYSSA and not participate in SCTP. Unfortunately some people chose to use this as an US vs THEM opportunity and point fingers and spread misleading or inaccurate information. Its sad that this does nothing but promote animosity between two groups that have essentially the same goals, to promote youth shooting sports. Remember this is about what is best for the kids not the administrators, coaches or parents. If you have question or concerns please ask a state advisor / director from any of these organizations to get the correct information from someone who actually knows the answer, not someone’s opinion on what they think might be the right answer.
    Their contact information is:
    SCTP State Advisor, Marc Billen – trapdirector@casctp.org
    AIM State Director, Kym Hughes - rmngtngrl@comcast.net

The SCTP / AIM State Championships will be at Kingsburg Gun Club June 18th 2011

In December, Kingsburg Gun Club made the decision to stay with SCTP for the State Championships, I went to the state director for AIM , Kym Hughes and asked her if we could have the SCTP and AIM state championships on the same day with concurrent targets. This helps consolidate two of the groups into the state to work together to promote youth shooting, gives the kids a larger competitive pool and the opportunity to shoot either as an individual or on a team. There will be 200 singles and 100 handicap event, trophy’s from SCTP, AIM & CASCTP. All Individuals and teams are invited to this event (SCTP teams / coaches must still be preregistered with SCTP) AIM has onsite registration available for both team and individuals. The CGSTA, AIM and SCTP are working together for the benefit if the kids through out the state, north central and south. My hope is that the teams / coaches in the north that have pulled away from the SCTP, CGSTA, ATA will rejoin the SCTP, CGSTA and the ATA to create a united, strong organization for the benefit of all the youth shooting sports here in California and act as a role model for other states to show we can and will work together to promote and develop a SAFE, FUN and POSITIVE environment for the benefit of the kids

I want to thank all those at the Kingsburg Gun Club , the CGSTA, AIM, Kym Hughes, Dan Hoffman and Gil for your help and continued support of all the youth shooters, clubs, teams through out the state and the SCTP for their efforts in promoting and supporting the California State SCTP / AIM Trap Championships.

Please contact me with any questions or concerns
    Trapdirector@CASCTP.org

13. marc92040

marc92040 Member

California State Trap Championships
    SCTP and AIM together
    marc92040_2009_02072.jpg

14. grunt

Thats good news.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.