1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Kingen's Shooter Appreciation Day

Discussion in 'Shoot Information, EVENTS, Clinics & Results' started by indycamster, Sep 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. indycamster

indycamster Member

Kingen

Good time was had by all on a cloudy and at times rainy day. Charlie Vice and Blair Brimmer tied in Singles at 99. I had a 94 for runner up in C Class. Handicaps prooved tough for alll as no one ran 100 straight. Targets seemed low and fast but good overall for sure. Attached are a few photos...

2. IndyShotgun

IndyShotgun TS Member

I was in there not too long ago, and I didn't see a single banner for this inside or outside. Hard to drum up business if people who frequent your business don't know what you're doing. If your actual customers don't know what you're doing, there's no hope others will.

3. hwy13

hwy13 Member

Hello Indy Shotgun,

This has been listed on the ITA "registered shoot programs" for months.
    This has been an annual event for years.

You might have this program mixed up with something else.
    This program was mailed out very early in the spring.

4. indycamster

indycamster Member

Funny,Indyshotgun, I Think there was 8 squads for singles and 7 for caps. Your point is? I guess you have lots of marketing experience. Why not volunteer your time at the club to get the word out? They can always use some help. Just send me your name and contact info and I will be glad to connect you.

5. IndyShotgun

IndyShotgun TS Member

Kingen, like IGC, is a for-profit business. Some might be reluctant to volunteer at a for-profit business.

I've shot a few rounds at Kingen. Never once was I given a ticket for my freebies/perks/rewards and a reminder to stop by on Shooter Appreciation Day.

What shooters were they appreciating if not their customers?

6. indycamster

indycamster Member

Maybe they don't like you. It's possible that your reputation precedes you.
    I think you will find several volunteers at Kingen's. I felt very appreciated as did several others I am sure. Take care.

7. IndyShotgun

IndyShotgun TS Member

You just lost this discussion, camster.

8. indycamster

indycamster Member

No, I don't thinks so. You lost all of the discussions you deleted back in July and this one.

9. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Children, don't make me stop the car!!

10. indycamster

indycamster Member

Well what do you know, if you go to the INDYSHOTGUN site on Facebook, guess what? Right there in the center of the page is the announcement for KINGEN'S full schedule, including "Shooter Appreciation Day." Now some how you managed to not know about it. A remarkable accomplishment in light of your earlier post, don't you think, Indyshotgun?? Be sure and mark your calendar for next years shoot so you can miss it too.

11. IndyShotgun

IndyShotgun TS Member

That's your idea of a marketing campaign? Note it in a flyer, and never reinforce it in your customers. And what's the sell? How am I going to be appreciated on this day? Even IMS' somnambulant marketing department works harder than that.

Thanks for visiting the site. Please bring a new shooter to one of our local ranges!

12. jevoliva

jevoliva Member

IMS? Like Indianapolis Motor Speedway? Or are you referring to some other IMS?

BTW, since I had to look it up, and IndyShotgun is liking to show off his "higher education" - somnambulant: 1) : walking or having the habit of walking while asleep or 2) resembling or having the characteristics of a sleepwalker.

If you are comparing the marketing department of the Indianapolis Motor Speedway to the "marketing department" of Kingen's, then you are either daft, out of touch, or just plain dumb. Maybe all three.

13. indycamster

indycamster Member

Good Shot, John. Funny that you know me and I know you and Dusty Roads and others that we have shot with and met,many who comment here, yet Indyshotgun won't identify himself. Wonder what he's hiding? Certainly not his ignorance...just his name. I guess it is not important, that we know him, as sadly, "You can't fix stupid."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.