1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Kinetic Bullet Pullers

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by crusha, Oct 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crusha

crusha TS Member

Anybody use these things? Do they work on pistol cartridges? I'm fixing to disassemble some coon loads and would like to give one a try.

2. Bill Hom

Bill Hom TS Supporters TS Supporters

Mine works fine. I was suprised how hard you have to smack it to dislodge the bullet. Mine is an RCBS Bill

3. Mapper

Mapper Member

I have two of them, a Dillon and an old one. I find that they work better when I whack them on my anvil. Perhaps it's the angle of the blow(as opposed to the floor). Some cartridges take a couple of whacks.

4. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Some serious advice - wear safety glasses.

While not common, it's certainly not rare to detonate a round with kinetic bullet pullers.

5. capvan

capvan Active Member

I've got two kinetic bullet pullers. Some rounds take a LOT of whacks on a concrete block or concrete floor to pull the bullet. Forget it on rifle bullets, for the most part.

I bit the bullet (pun intended) and bought an RCBS collet puller and a bunch of collets for everything I reload. Spent some $$, but boy, was it worth it! Worked slick, half the time and easy recovery of the components.

Collets are the way to go.

cap

6. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

They work great. You really have to smack them. I think mine is RCBS, also.

7. deercreek

deercreek Well-Known Member

I think RCBS has a brand new one just released, check that out before you buy one.

8. warpspeed

warpspeed Member

They work great but you need a very solid surface to hit them on. I use my table saw table as it is cast iron and it usually only takes 2 wacks.

9. GrubbyJack

GrubbyJack Member

if your rounds have been seating around for awhile or are pulling military rounds, it help to seat the bullet down (just to break the seal-seat) you only need to move it a fraction 1/32 to 1/16"...Grubby ps if your puller has a hole in the side to dump, you might want to put a masking tape over the hole, it keeps the powder from flying around.

10. slic lee

slic lee Active Member

Brian- I would like to hear,read from you stating that you were personally told of a round going off from a kinetic bullet puller.
    I believe you made it up like many other comments you have.
    And YES, I have used that same brand, kind using both pistol and rifle ammo banging on wood,cement floor, steel without ever a primer going off in hundreds and hundreds of rounds.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.