1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Kinetic Balancer and Gracoil for Caesar Guerini

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Wayne 1, Apr 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wayne 1

Wayne 1 TS Member

Hello all, I have just recently put a deposit on my first Caesar Guerini, will be picking it up from local gun shop in a couple of weeks.
    I have been considering adding a balancer to it, as well as putting a Gracoil on it. Unfortunately, I do not have any experience with either of these, much less both of them working together, if that is even possible or recommended???
    I have been out of the trap world for quite some time and looking to get back in again.
    I was hoping that a few seasoned CG fans out there would have some insight to offer, regarding either one or both of these additions.
    I should also note that the gun is a 30" impact intended primarily for trap, and may try my hand a skeet with it as well.
    I'm also new to this site, so if I have not provided enough info, please advise and I will attempt to do so.
    Anyway, thanks in advance
    Wayne

2. undersluice

undersluice Member

Wayne,

I don't think you will be able to put on a Gracoil + CG's Kintetic balancer on the stock. There won't be room in the stock hole for the Kintetic balancer after cutting the stock/wood to install Gracoil.

I will suggest NOT putting a mechanical recoil device. Just add weight to the stock to soften the recoil. Had very poor experience with mechanical recoil device(s).

Good luck with your CG !!

Thanks,
    JB

3. kcbullets

kcbullets Member

I have a CG Impact with the kinetic balancer. I have only shot it with the balancer, but it seems to manage recoil well. Since I haven't shot it without the balancer I can't comment on difference. They are nice guns. Good choice!

4. SilverShooter

SilverShooter TS Member

The kinetic balancer is definitely worth trying for a few weeks at least. Its cost of ~$150 is marginal compared to the overall cost of the CG, and less than installing a GRACOIL. Plus, if it doesnlt work out for you, you can always resell it for about $100, and then get the GRACOIL.

To me, the kinetic balance really makes a difference. My first used CG trap had a GRACOIL and I thought it work well. With my new one, I had the Kinetic balancer installed...and to my surprise, I had no need to add a GRACOIL.

5. Wayne 1

Wayne 1 TS Member

Thank you all, this is just the info I was looking for.
    Looks like I'll be ordering a balancer when I pick up the gun. This should give me time to try it without the balancer until it arrives.

Wayne

6. Redcobra

Redcobra Active Member

Just to be different, I put a Gracoil on all 3 of mine. Gives me adjustable LOP and reduces recoil.

7. Trapmanjohn

Trapmanjohn Member

Wayne, I ruined my CG when I put that recoil device on my CG gun. The gun will come back too quick and the gun will smack you in the face. The Soft Touch is the only way to go for that type of shock absorber device. The entire comb moves with the Soft Touch. They are smooth. If you will notice, most if not all of the CGs that are for sale on this site usually have Gracoils installed. Just the Kinetic Balancer from CG should be enough to tame the recoil.

8. Danby

Danby Member

If you want a CG balancer I have one I'll sell you,it's brand knew in the box for $75 let me know. E-mail dwbrenner@att.net

9. Wayne 1

Wayne 1 TS Member

Thanks Danby, I'll take you up on your offer. PM sent.

Wayne

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
benefits of kinetic balancer in caesar guerini shotgun

caesar guerini dts kinetic balancer for sale

caesar guerini kinetic balancer for sale

dts kinetic balancer
guerini recoil absorber
kinetic weight for caesar guerini
shotgun kinetic balancer
what is the recoil like on caesar guerini