1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Kiner Eye Exercise DVD Information

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Phil Kiner, Feb 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phil Kiner

Phil Kiner Well-Known Member

0   0   0

It must be getting closer to the end of winter as I have had several requests for information about my eye exercise DVD. Below is the text of the email I send out in response. So those of you that may have had questions hopefully this will help answer them and if not please e-mail or call me.

The DVD works well for syncing your eyes, speeding them up, becoming better at quicker target acquisition especially in bad light/background conditions, and acquiring and tracking the target better thru all normal planes/directions.

It will NOT cure cross-dominance, make you less dependent on corrective lenses or help with color blindness.

It has no sound track that way you can listen to your personal choice for music.

It is about 15 minutes long, is boring as hell but, works if you work at it.

The follow link has a very short clip taken from the DVD http://philkiner.com/video.asp

The exercises are: the off colored ball (picked to make it harder to pick out of the background) moving in circles, lazy 8’s, corner to corner diagonals, and side to side horizontals against several (5 or 6) backgrounds similar to bad backgrounds you might see at gun clubs across the country. The ball goes from slow to faster to fastest. Additionally, as you get better at following the ball at the higher speeds you can run the DVD at 1.5 and 2x times speed which increases the level of difficulty and makes your eyes work harder and as a result become more proficient at target addition and the ability to stay with it until you see it break.

Next there are balls and combinations of letters and numbers flashing (similar to the old flash cards from grade school) against the same back-grounds which aids in developing quicker target acquisition. An exercise that is critical to those of us that are no longer in our 30’s and early forty’s and as a consequence do not pick up the target as soon as we used to especially on those low light or bad background days.

For the one eyed shooters do the video one-eyed alternating with two eyes every other time. If you are just starting to have cross-firing problems do it with the eye covered (black pirates patch) 7 times out of 10 and with both eyes non-occluded the other 3 times.

The instructions are contained on the DVD itself at the beginning of the play all portion of the DVD. Finally there is a fusion focus card (separate from the DVD) that is designed to improve eye teaming during target acquisition. This is handy because you can copy it. I keep a copy in my gun case and use it as a quick eye warm up each morning of a shoot.

Starting out I would recommend that it be used twice a day every day for a week or two then 2-3 times a week until you feel like you are picking up the target and tracking it as well as you can. At that point I would drop to 1-2 times per week to stay tuned but do it 1-2 times a day for the last 3 days prior to a shoot. I have found that first thing in morning and then after work are good times to do this everyday.

Hope this answers your questions and if not let me know at pkiner@philkiner.com the secure order site is at www.philkiner.com

Thanks and have a great year shooting - Phil

2. pigkiller

pigkiller Member

0   0   0

Phil, thank you so much for the explanation. It covered all the questions I had. Look forward to getting the DVD.

3. pigkiller

pigkiller Member

0   0   0

Up for a great product.

4. snowbird

snowbird TS Member

0   0   0

I use mine it is good eye exercise.

Terry Jordan.

5. plaw

plaw Active Member

0   0   0

Hi Phil, just sent you an order for the eye dvd, hope it helps my doubles.

6. Phil Kiner

0   0   0

Thanks but there may be more with your doubles than just your eyes

send me an email and we can discuss. pk

7. coldtrail

coldtrail Member

0   0   0

Hey Kiner, I have some dvd's that are great for the eyes that I will trade.

8. pigkiller

pigkiller Member

0   0   0

I've been seeing the DVD every day since I got it this week, and I can feel my target acquisition capacities improving. I focus on the leading edge of the ball, and try not to anticipate the next set of flashing letter groups on the screen. If I do anticipate movement, I count that as a lost target.

Well worth the money.

9. coldtrail

coldtrail Member

0   0   0

Up for a good friend, and a great training aid

10. PatMiles

PatMiles Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Coldtrail,

Read my "Free Phil Kiner DVD" post in the Shooting Related section. Phil is a world class gentleman.

Pat

11. Phil Kiner

0   0   0

Anyone that wants some really good eye exercise should get on coldtrail's email list.

12. Phil Kiner

0   0   0

Everyone I must apologize. Coldtrail has had some requests for his eye exercise DVD and email list. I was being "tongue in cheek" referring to CT's penchant for XXX email's. He actually has no "true" eye exercise "stuff".

13. Phil Kiner

0   0   0

Up for CT's x list

14. Phil Kiner

0   0   0

For everyone that has ordered early this week please be patient. My wife is doing the mailings since I am Tucson and she has been a little slow.

There was a blizzard in Cheyenne and nothing left town yesterday untill late in the afternoon.

15. Phil Kiner

0   0   0

Not being a shameless promoter but, have had several calls, with questions, the last few days so thought I would send to the top.

16. Texshooter

Texshooter Member

0   0   0

I thought we only had to exercise one eye? AJ

17. Kemper

Kemper Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Very good excerise DVD! I use it regularly.

If you work hard at something when the time comes for you to win, you will feel like you have earned it.

If you just get lucky, you will know that too.

The harder I work, the luckier I get.

Barry Kemper

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.