1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Kinda O/T: Republican Pres. Primary Debate

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by 90T3200, May 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 90T3200

90T3200 TS Member

I tuned in late to this the debate on Fox, but does anyone else think this group of idiots is just as bad as the Democrat's line-up?

I found it just in time to hear Romney say he fully supports a so-called "assault weapon" ban. What a moron...not one gun the Democrats list in HR 1022 is an "assault weapon" - not-a-one, yet Mr. Small Game hunter supports it. He couldn't tell a butt from a muzzle with a diagram layed out in front of him.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, FRED THOMPSON 2008! Or at least TOM TANCREDO!

Ugh I'm feeling sick...

2. Trucido

Trucido TS Member

First - I am VERY conservative...VERY. For that reason, Guiliani and McCain are non-starters.

Guiliani is a social Lib and is not nearly strong enough on a plethora of issues.

McCain is the WORST politcal HACK ever. Pathetic - he reminds me of Kerry with his 'I was in the military and they weren't...' ever 5 seconds. He is worse than a liberal, because at least a true liberal will tell you what they believe and McCain will only do what he deems to be popular and change his opinion on a dime.

Thompson hasn't started up yet and needs to do so quickly if he wants to be considered a valid candidate. At this point, he is just not an option, but I am sure he would show some problems just like the others.

Tancredo is great on immigration and not much else - he is not well spoken and has all but stated that he is only running to get the immigration issue foremost in the election.

I personally VERY MUCH like Romney. I like about 90% of what he does or believes and I think he would be a great president. With regard to his support of an assault weapon ban, I believe that if/when he really considers the issue, he will come to a conclusion similar to what most of us NRA-types believe. That is: 99.99999% of guns used in crimes are not acquired through the current laws, so gun control laws are not going to do ANYTHING to stop gun crimes. If you look at his record and the 'Bain way, he does a TON of research before he comes to a hard opinion. I think that when push comes to shove, he will certainly do the necessary research before supporting a national assault-weapons ban, if he does become president.

BTW - McCain is making me sick on Fox right now. Yuck - he is pathetic.

3. shadow

shadow Active Member

Anyone else notice how Rudy dodged the 2nd ammendment question????

4. Rico46

Rico46 TS Member

Man that was one pathetic group on that stage! I just wished the candidates would simply answer the question they are asked! McCain is aweful, Romney seems so confused, Guillani is a social liberal ( RINO) and Huckabee is a want to be conservative and the rest are bad! If Fred Thompson doesn't come out soon we will have a Democratic President in 2008.

Rick

5. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

Don't put too much stock in the questions they are asked by moderators. Particularly by liberals like Chris Matthews. One of these folks is going to be our next president and although none in either party are as conservative as I would like, the reality is one of them will be boss. For you folks who vote for all your principals on a third non electable party to make a statement, Bill Clinton was elected with %43 of the vote.

6. southpark

southpark TS Member

Fred Thompson supported "campaign finance reform" so he is just another liberal I will never vote for.

Romney was my best-of-the-worst guy until I heard about the assault weapon ban support.

It looks like the only way I won't be voting for whatever loser the Libertarians run is if Gingrich gets in the race.

And, as mentioned above, Clinton did get in because of Ross Perot. I voted for Perot and I'm not ashamed. I'm sick of business as usual from the republicrats.

At least we got the Contract With America after Clinton. But guess what? The republicans didn't learn and now they are going to support amnesty and the liberal Bush has brought us bigger government than ever.

Frankly, I'm all ready for Hillary to win so everything falls apart in 50 years and we can have a revolution again and start over.

With a majority of Americans now on public assistance of one form or another it is coming to pass that democracy cannot survive when the populace realizes they can vote themselves spoils from the public treasury. How can you beat people promising to give you more "free" stuff?

Too bad "Atlas Shrugged" isn't required reading in high school.

7. tgun90

tgun90 TS Member

Even Bush , the biggest political joke in the last thirty years ,if he could run could beat this bunch of banana's if these hypocrites are to represent conservative high moral values issues they stand a better chance trying to sell the Iraqi war.

8. Rico46

Rico46 TS Member

I don't expect any candidate to be perfect or have the exact same ideology as me but I can't understand when the nuclear explosive ( dirty bomb) scenario was asked how many of the candidates felt they needed to consult or notify the United Nations. Forget that trash! I'll support a fiscal conservative and a centrist on social issues before that candidate. I can even support a candidate that may flip flop from time to time. But the UN issue alone with questionable support on Second Amendment tosses that candidate out for me.

Rick

9. southpark

southpark TS Member

Wireguy, Ron Paul is a libertarian. I guess he runs as a republican so he has a chance.

I feel that I am very libertarian in my leanings, but don't support the libertarian party because they a pro open-borders.

I can't get behind Ron Paul because, among other things, he is an isolationist which is, in my opinion, both unreasonable in today's world, as well as immoral in a world without a "policeman."

Paul also believes our foreign policy resulted in 9/11 when the Islamist have made clear they want to destroy the West and take over the world whether or not we have a presence in the middle east.

The Islamist want to kill or convert us because of the antics of Hollywood, Britney Spears and Paris Hilton, as much as they do over middle east policy. They actual tell us so and their actions back it up.

For Paul to deny this makes him either disingenuous or crazy.

You pick.

10. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

There was only one correct answer to the nuke bomb....GET JACK BAUER!!!

Doug

11. pangit

pangit TS Member

If you rolled all ten of them into one, you would have a one ton man. With balls the size of a peanut!

12. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

good luck finding someone who is perfect.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.