1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Kimber vs. Kimber

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by sabretooth, Dec 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sabretooth

sabretooth Member

Can somebody explain difference between " Kimber of Oregon" & " KImber of America " rifles. Are they the same company? Any difference in value/workmanship?

2. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

See link above.

3. Libra1310

Libra1310 TS Member

As far as I know, Kimber of Oregon was the first company and when they went out of business, kimber in Yomkers opened. That was what i was told, not sure if it is true. Maybe if I followed the above link I would know but, I'm rather lazy!

Chris M

4. PatMiles

PatMiles Well-Known Member

They are both essentially the same company. KoO did go belly up and the assets were bought and moved to New York as KoA. The Oregon entity produced long guns, many of which are highly sought after due to quality and craftsmanship. After the move to NY KoA started producing the 1911 style pistol in many different variations as well as long guns also. In both cases, quality is excellent. KoA has had it's ear to the ground and produced what the public wants. Compare this to Colt, who didn't want to listen and had quality issues and would have gone tango uniform without military contracts for AR-15/M4 guns. Springfield Armory was in the same boat but their management made the very wise decision to let the customer tell SA what they wanted and not the other way around as Colt did.

Pat

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.