1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Kimber Pro Carry/Ultra Carry

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by FNG, Dec 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FNG

FNG Member

I'm considering buying one of the subject pistols in .45. As I'm trying to get my hands on one to fire a few rounds, I thought I'd ask this crowd about handling, accuracy, etc. I don't have NBA size hands but I do wear XL gloves and I'm wondering about the easier to conceal, smaller Ultra jumping around in my hand. I'm also interested in first shot accuracy compared to my Glock .40
    Thanks for any experiences/comments

2. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

I have a Kimber Tactical Custom HD II, that I got couple of weeks ago, and have put 200 rounds through it. It shoots well, smooth slide, and trigger pull is good. It is a full size 1911, black finish, white 3-dot sights, 8+1. I'm going to change the sights to a green dot front, and adjustable rear. But that is just me. It shoots where I aim. Hope that helps. The selection of new Kimbers here in Amarillo is slim. Mine does not have the rail for the flashlight. Hope that helps you. Regards, Charlie

3. rw993

rw993 Active Member

I sell a few Kimbers and carry one. However, the "rush" to buy has created a less than great quality control in many companies. In my opinion, you are best off finding a nice 5 or 6 year old model.

The grip on the ultra is really the same as full size, Just a bit shorter grip.

4. Riverrunt

Riverrunt Member

FNG

You have a pm

5. mikkeeh

mikkeeh Active Member

I have an Ultra Carry, and the Compact CDP. Difference in size being the lenggth of the barrell. They both have a shorter grip than a standard 45, which makes them easier to conceal. Barrel length is not really a concern if you're talking about concealability. Grip length is.
    accuracy is as good as you'll find on any gun. Certainly enough for self defense where a shot would typically be within 7 yds.
    I wear a L size glove, controlibilty is not an issue for me. I cchnges the grips on my Ultra to Alumagrip slims. The rubber grips we a little bulky for my taste. First shot accuracy should be no different...or maybe better than the Glock. Since the Kimber is carried "cocked and locked" you have a much shorter and lighter trigger pull than the Glock. Hope this helps.

6. FNG

FNG Member

Riverrunt; I replied to your pm. Everyone; this is good info., just what I was looking for.
    Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.