1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Kimber CDP compact

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by JN618, Mar 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JN618

JN618 TS Member

Curious to see if anone has any thoughts about this gun. Likes? Dislikes? And, what are some of the better IWB holster out there? Any info is welcomed.

John Nelson

2. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

IWB holster: Minotaur MTAC

3. Greenman

Greenman TS Member

I have an ultra cdp and like it a lot. I carry it in a tt gun leather iwb. or a milt sparks.

4. cunninmp

cunninmp Member

Most accurate pistol I've ever owned. Right out of the box.
    Have a couple of National Matches and the Kimber meets or
    beats them.

5. darincraft

darincraft Member

best money you can spend.

6. magic

magic Member

I carry mine everyday and have for 5+ years....I like the grip length but just wish I had bought the 4" barreled version.

7. mikkeeh

mikkeeh Active Member

I have a CDP in the 4 inch.......and the standard Ultra version. Both are great carry guns...reliable abd accurate. I use a Milt Sparks IWB holster for most carry......occasionally a Fobus paddle holster just cause its convenient. I dont think you can go wrong with Kimber. My original Ultra had an internal extractor that I had some problems with. Had to go back to the factory 2x. They paid shipping both times.....picked it up at my front door, and had it back to me within 5 business days. Cant ask for more. Gun has been 100% since...with about 3K rounds.

8. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

I have the 4" barrel model that come out of the custom shop that I must say is the best gun out there. Very accurate to say the least. The only way to go.

9. dverna

dverna Active Member

I have one and do not carry it anymore. The trigger is too good for a carry gun that may be used in a "crap your drawers" situation - unless you do a lot of training. Can you say AD? Will sell for $850 plus shipping if you really want to go that way. Less than 500 rounds through it. But a poor choice IMHO.

Went with a Kahr for light carry and XD for heavy carry. No safety to deal with and good long trigger pulls. All the accuracy you need to stay alive. The XD has a lot more firepower at well.

Don Verna

10. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

I carry mine often in Milt Sparks IWB, but prefer a TT belt holster. Good gun, but like Don says the match trigger is easy to pull (need to train to never put the finger in the guard until your ready to fire}.

I also seem to carry the Kahr 9mm more as it's so slim and simple, and I don't care if it gets beat up or lost near as much as my pricey CDP with custom grips.

11. high 2

high 2 Member

Don, I`m still laughing over that one. Larry

12. JN618

JN618 TS Member

Thanks for the info guys! Really appreciate it.
    Any opinions on a ted blocker holster? Especially the
    pancake tuckable style?

John

13. dverna

dverna Active Member

Larry,

It really is not funny.

Most people are pathetic with a pistol. At my CCW class a lady was "passed" and she landed three shots at 7 yards on the paper. Poor bystanders!!

I have taken some courses and it is shocking how poorly people perform "under pressure" of an exercises even without the target moving or firing back.

Most of us remember how nervous we were with our first 25 or 100 straight. Multiply that by a HUGE factor when you are "crapping your pants" and really scared. That is why a crisp 4 lb trigger is dangerous.

Don Verna

14. high 2

high 2 Member

I understand. Your comment brought back a memory in time that had me doing just that. Had a SP101 on the night stand and when the door was kicked in and hit the chain in the motel all I could think to do was scream like a girl. It took 8-9 seconds for my mind to start working. You never know how you will react until you find yourself in it. I would be far better off with a good 12ga pump. Larry

15. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

The Kimber is a decent gun except for the plastic mainspring
    housing. For what the gun costs, they should provide a steel
    or alumunum housing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.